TH
Posted By
Travis_Homister
Aug 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello. I am trying to make one picture out of 3 pictures. I took 3 pictures of my son. One he is at the far right side of the couch, the second one he is in the middle, and the third one he is at the far left side of the couch. I am trying to combine all the pictures to make it look like there are 3 of him sitting on the couch, like he is a triplet. I have tried making layers and using the screen mode on the layers and playing with the opacity but it makes him kinda see through. I can see the couch through his belly. (He wasn’t wearing a shirt). I would appreciate any help on this.
All pictures have the same light and the same resolution as I used a tripod. I am running Windows XP and PSE2.
Thank You,
Michelle

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

ML
Mark_Levesque
Aug 24, 2004
Ok, Michelle, here’s what you want to do to see your "triplets".

Select one image to be your base image. Open it. Open the 2nd image, and drag and drop it onto the first image. Your first image will now be obscured. Change the opacity to perhaps 60% for the top layer. Now use the erase tool with a soft brush to erase the top image where you can see through to your son on the bottom image. Change the opacity on the top image back to 100%. Now you should have a composite with two images of your son. Perform this same sequence with the 3rd image, then make use of any adjustment layers necessary.
CS
carl_sutherland
Aug 24, 2004
Michelle,

PSE has multiple ways to do similar or the same things. If you favor working with the selection tools, you can try making 3 copies of the original and saving the original. Use one copy for the base, then select your son from the second copy using your selection tool of choice. Use copy>paste to put on a second layer on the base and the move tool to position. Repeat using the third copy for the third son. I did this week’s Challenge using this technique with two pictures. You should be able to add the third.

Carl

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections