How can I move an image with it’s selectons around in a new window?

BK
Posted By
Barney_Kahn
Jun 13, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all:

Using Photoshop CS2 with Windows XP with a question that I can’t answer for the life of me.

When I drag and drop an image and it’s selections (channels) into a new window, (the new window being much bigger than the original) the image and it’s selections (channels) crosses over fine. However, once it’s all in the new bigger window, when I move the image to another area of the new window, the selections do not move with it.

1. Is there a way to move all the selections with the image when I drag it to another area of the new bigger window?

2. Also, is there an EASY way to move an image with all of it’s selections from an original window to a new bigger window?

3. There’s also three other images that also have selections I want to move into the same new bigger window. Seems to me there has to be an easy way to do this.

Thank you!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Jun 13, 2007
turn the selections in to layer masks and lock them down with the layers you want to move.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections