LK
Posted By
Leen_Koper
Aug 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
No, this is not about a pub closing down. Unfortunately I cannot find the right words in english, but I hope you will understand my problem.

Pretty often, when I have opened several images to select the best one the top bar of one or a few images disappears under the top bar of the screen. You still do understand what I mean?

Now it is impossible to maximise, minimise or close the screen. How do I get it to a lower position?

Leen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
RobertHJones
Aug 23, 2004
Leen,

The easiest way is to simply press the tab key. Besides the normal use to hide/show the tool bar, the palettes, and the option bar and shortcut bar, it will also reposition the image windows to show the title bar if it was hidden under the bar at the top.

You can also use the window tile or cascade option to reposition the windows but I find this less convenient.

Bob
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 23, 2004
Leen,

Until I read this tip a while ago I used to close down Elements and start it again … Wow did the TAB key save me some time 🙂

Wendy
PA
Patti Anderson
Aug 23, 2004
Leen, if you have double-clicked on the blue title bar it will make the picture go to full screen mode without window frame borders. To restore down, look up in the upper right corner and you will see three little icons underneath the main ones of the main PSE window frame (sort of like a gray sub-frame). Click the second one that looks like two overlapping windows (Restore down). That should do it.

There may be a shortcut key for this "screen mode", but darned if I can find it. In full PS, it’s the F key.

Patti
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Aug 23, 2004
Patti….

Is that the Elements blue title bar? When I double click mine it just shrinks to the previously sized screen. This is on a PC….is a Mac different (well of course it is…:-) )

I’ve noticed the Toolbar will collapse if you double click on that blue bar.

Colin
PA
Patti Anderson
Aug 23, 2004
Colin,
I’m using a PC. Double-click on the top title bar frame of the opened image, not the main PSE window frame.

I realize now, I misread Leen’s question, so consider it a free tip. I’m not sure of the advantage of working in full screen mode. Maybe for extra big images of a way for Mac users to have a background (I cannot confirm that)?? It gives you more external workspace, but you loose the advantage of being able to move the image out of the way. If you open a new image it will go right over top the current one.

Patti
LK
Leen_Koper
Aug 23, 2004
Thanks to everyone who helped me out. I almost hesitated to ask as it seemed such an extremely basic question to me. But then I realised again not asking was even dumber and now I know I wasn’t not the only one. Good for my selfconfidence. 😉

Patty, I often work in full screen mode, especially when I have to work at 100% size to adlust small imperfections. In full screen mode I need to scroll less. I’m even considering a second monitor to display the tools and have a larger workspace.

Leen
BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 24, 2004
Second monitors are totally cool. 🙂 I love my dual setup.
B
BobHill
Aug 24, 2004
If you multi-select image files to open, they will do so and cascade with all title bars being visible. Now click on the Minimize (-) button on each image and they will all line up along the bottom of the work area. You can now open one or more at a time and size to fit the work area. Just minimize that/those and open the next, etc. and you’ll be able to see each filename, although if it’s long, they will be truncated.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections