RB
Posted By
Robert_Barnett
Jun 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am getting ready to install a second ATI Radeon 1650 PCI Express video card to connect a third monitor to my computer. Does any one here have more than 2 monitors connected? How hard was this to set up?

Thanks,

Robert

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jun 12, 2007
It shouldn’t be a problem at all Robert….we’ve got several workstations running 4 screens at work, using a pair of dual-head nVidia cards in each PC. All we use to manage them is the native Windows functionality although I think we’ve configured them to make use of some nVidia features, such as right-key extensions for sending a window to a particular display.

3 should be a breeze. 🙂

Daryl
RB
Robert_Barnett
Jun 12, 2007
Daryl, Thanks I am going to tackle the upgrade tomorrow and with luck it will be a breeze. Thanks for the info.

Robert
RB
Robert_Barnett
Jun 12, 2007
Got them all up and running. Now have two 19" and one widescreen 22". Wasn’t that hard.

Robert
JW
John_Waller
Jun 12, 2007
Out of interest, Robert, what do you use the 3 screens for?

I run a dual monitor setup (working space on primary monitor, toolbars on secondary).

I’ve often wondered what people use a 3rd screen for.

Regards

John Waller
C
Ches
Jun 12, 2007
wrote in message
Out of interest, Robert, what do you use the 3 screens for?
I run a dual monitor setup (working space on primary monitor, toolbars on secondary).

I’ve often wondered what people use a 3rd screen for.

Regards

John Waller

Can I second that question please? I have a two monitor set up and use it as described by John. I cannot think why I would need a third? Ches
RB
Robert_Barnett
Jun 12, 2007
I was kind of wondering what I would use it for too. However, now that I have them I wouldn’t want to be without them. First the 22" widescreen is nice it gives Photoshop lots of image room when you have it in "Maximized Screen Mode".

Second I have all of Photoshop on the 22" wide. I have the palettes down to icons in a single tall row and just flyout what I need when I need them with the exception of color swatches, info and layers which are all in one set of palette groups.

On the other 2 monitors I have various things. For example I was working on a web site today and had Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Firefox each open on their own monitors. This worked out great. I have also had a main application open like Word as well as Outlook and Firefox on the other two. I guess it is really necesary but it makes working much smoother and it just feels much much more roomy. I like it.

With the two video cards I can now easily add a fourth monitor. The 22" is a Westinghouse 22" Widescreen I got at Best Buy for $199. Not a bad monitor for the money. The wide is nice.

Robert

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections