JH
Posted By
Juanita_Hubbard
Aug 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What I am doing is scanning in calendar images. I want to copy a small area of the scanner image to copy over the hole (calendars have that!). I know how to do it with Micrografx but everything I try in elements IS VERY FRUSTRATING. I know this must be easy to do but I cannot figure out how to do it effectively. I did it by accident once and once copied the little section to a new image and copied back to the scanner image. There must be an easier way!!!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 21, 2004
Juanita,

Click on the lasso tool then draw around the small section you want to copy.

Do Edit>Copy
Then Edit>Paste
Click on the move tool and use it to move pasted area to where you want it to go.

Wendy
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Aug 22, 2004
A much easier way is to select it, then get out the move tool and hold down Alt (Option for mac) while you drag it. That will move a copy of what you selected.
MS
Mark_Sand
Aug 22, 2004
The difference in the two methods (Wendy’s and Barbara’s) is that Copy-Paste method creates the copy on a new layer so that you can later reposition the copied portion using the Move tool. The Alt-drag method creates the copy on the same layer and so the copy is permanent. For your purposes, just to cover up the holes, the second method should be sufficient.

You can also use the Clone Stamp tool to get the same result.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Aug 22, 2004
The Alt-drag method creates the copy on the same layer and so the copy is permanent.

Just to clarify: Yes, unless you use it on a layer that already has transparency. Then it creates a new layer.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections