SC
Posted By
Sossity_Corby
Jun 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If I have software like photoshop that I bought in windows version, will I be able to run it in the Mac OS X; Tiger or Leopard? would it be fully functional? will adobe allow customers to get a Mac version for free or at a discount if they currently own a registered copy? ie; if I own a registered copy ( with Adobe ) photoshop CS3 extended for windows, can I get a Mac version if need be, for free or at a discount?

Are the Adobe photoshops cross platform? I have found a very good price on photoshop CS3 extended, & the computer I am currently on is a PC with windows XP. I will probably be getting my own computer soon, not sure of which platform, should I wait until I have my own computer, or jump on the opportunity to get a big discount on photoshop CS3 extended now for windows (what I am currenly using,) & if I get a Mac, run the windows photoshop in the windows program that can run on a Mac? I am not sure if my opportunity for the photoshop the discount will last.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
Jim
Jun 10, 2007
wrote in message
If I have software like photoshop that I bought in windows version, will I be able to run it in the Mac OS X; Tiger or Leopard? would it be fully functional? will adobe allow customers to get a Mac version for free or at a discount if they currently own a registered copy? ie; if I own a registered copy ( with Adobe ) photoshop CS3 extended for windows, can I get a Mac version if need be, for free or at a discount?
No, it won’t run. The commands are the same, but the underlying code applies to computers with a different operating system, a different instruction set, and a different file system.
Are the Adobe photoshops cross platform? I have found a very good price on photoshop CS3 extended, & the computer I am currently on is a PC with windows XP. I will probably be getting my own computer soon, not sure of which platform, should I wait until I have my own computer, or jump on the opportunity to get a big discount on photoshop CS3 extended now for windows (what I am currenly using,) & if I get a Mac, run the windows photoshop in the windows program that can run on a Mac? I am not sure if my opportunity for the photoshop the discount will last.
Jim
B
Bernie
Jun 10, 2007
No.

You would have to get a crossgrade, contact Adobe Customer service for more info.

BTW, this is the feature request forum, you want the PS forum, one level up
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 11, 2007

no t’ain’t. 🙂
B
Bernie
Jun 11, 2007

Well, I sure was confused when I wrote that…

At least my advice is good…
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 11, 2007
At least my advice is good…

ayup.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections