BB
Posted By
blah.blah
Jun 8, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
So I have my photoshop file, will several layers, several layers of text as well; some of the text layers have effects on them.

When I save the photoshop file as a .jpg, or when I flatten/merge visable, the effects on the text has changed. It makes it where the outter glow isn’t as big or as strong/bright.

Why is this happening?

PLEASE E-MAIL RESPONSE:

I very much appreciate the help!
–Simeon.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
chrisjbirchall
Jun 8, 2007
Make sure you are viewing the image at 100% before and after flattening/merging. Any other magnification can give a false impression of what is realy happening.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 8, 2007
And if you have your text on a transparent layer with no Background you will also get a false impression. Make sure there’s a Background behind it.

NO E-MAIL RESPONSES. This is a Forum. If you can’t bother to come back to see the answer you likely won’t get one.
BB
blah.blah
Jun 8, 2007
Chill out dude… it’s okay if I ask people to send a note to my e-mail.

Neither of those answers solved the problem.
–Simeon
B
Bernie
Jun 8, 2007
it’s okay if I ask people to send a note to my e-mail.

Actually, it’s not since it defeats the purpose of the forum.

Neither of those answers solved the problem.

View the image at 100%, then flatten. Do you see a change?
P
Phosphor
Jun 8, 2007
It’s perfectly OK to ask. Hell, you can ask for a raisin bagel if you want to.

But expecting or demanding that someone reply via email contravenes the established protocols for the way these forums operate.

You want cream cheese on that?

🙂
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 8, 2007
I won’t even mention the annoying use of ALL CAPS in the topic title. Oops! I did.

Anyway, even though I feel I should not attempt to help the OP any further, for the benefit of others who may have the same problem I am wondering if the final file is being saved with a different resolution. That might affect the glow.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections