JG
Posted By
Jim_Gasperini1
Jun 8, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am finding strange windowing behavior in PS CS3.

In CS2 in XP, open document windows were independent of the main PS window. They floated above (when PS is not in full-screen mode) and I could easily move them across to another monitor and back again.

Now in CS3, a document will open outside of the main PS window. If I try to move it to float above the PS window, it seems to but up against the window edge, as if that is a barrier, unless I moved it very rapidly. If I ram in across the edge barrier, it appears *inside* the PS window. If it happens to be larger than the PS window, I can’t scroll all the way down or across.

This is all very awkward and unexpected. I imagine somewhere there is a setting where I can make PS CS3 behave as I am used to in CS2. I have looked everywhere I can think of, though–Preferences, the Window and View menus, Help under various topics–and cannot find it.

Pointers would be appreciated.
–Jim

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Jun 8, 2007
once it’s 1/2 way across it works, in or out of the app. annoying, i know.
WE
Wolf_Eilers
Jun 8, 2007
This is all very awkward and unexpected. I imagine somewhere there is a setting where I can make PS CS3 behave as I am used to in CS2.

No such setting. This new behaviour is a consequence of the new CS3 UI and was extensively discussed during the public beta. There was also a detailed writeup in the Adobe Blogs site.

I agree that the behaviour in CS2 was preferable — we just have to "learn and love" the CS3 way.

Pointers would be appreciated.

Send Adobe a Feature Request:

<http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections