T
Posted By
TLL
Jun 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can Smart Sharpen settings saved/used in CS2 be imported into CS3? If so, where are these settings stored and what’s the process.

Thnx

TLL

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

T
TLL
Jun 11, 2007
Bump – any takers?

TLL
P
Phosphor
Jun 11, 2007
Good question, TLL.

I dug in pretty deep (in Mac OS X), and I can’t find a Smart Sharpen settings file for PS CS2.
T
TLL
Jun 11, 2007
Thanks for the reply. It’s weird that you have all these options to create and save settings and many times you save them but don’t (or can’t) know where they’re saved. Worse yet, I’m planning to have my machine flushed and rebuilt this week and would like to save off all this stuff. Why not make it easy like levels and curves, etc.

Looks like starting from scratch is a default in CS3…sigh.

TLL
P
Phosphor
Jun 11, 2007
Well, those settings are obviously written to a file somewhere, I just haven’t been able to discover where. And believe me, I really looked—hard. And if they’re written to a file, it remains to be seen whether that file is able to be moved/shared between separate application installations.

But you’re dead-on correct. If a user is prompted to save settings for future use, they should be easily discoverable, savable, and transferable.
P
Phosphor
Jun 11, 2007
Here’s the only reference I could find. It’s buried in the main Photoshop preferences.

I opened the prefs file in BBEdit, then did a search for "Sharpen." Right near it, I spied the word "drogueflute" which is the name of the only Smart Sharpen setting I’ve saved. I named it this way on your prompt so that it might be easier to find with a full hard drive search.

Fat lotta good it does!

Here’s a screen shot of the file opened in BBEdit:

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections