Posted By
Phosphor
Jun 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Well, that just goes to show how much I know! 😉

I just upgraded to PS CS2 within the last month and haven’t assimilated the V.P. tool functions in that version yet….so whaddooIknow of changes in PS CS3?

XD

Anyway…I just read the PS CS3 LiveDoc section on V.P. functions online. Seems pretty straightforward.

Have you? Or maybe you could explain what you can’t understand from the Help Center files? What’s different between the directions in the Help files and what you’re doing? Should you go back and watch that video again?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

H
hirez
Jun 7, 2007
Its pretty simple. I create a plane then drag a new one out from the first. I should be able to change the plane angle for the new one but the angle box at the top of the screen is grayed out. Once I did it and the box was not grayed out. I have no idea what was different that time, as far as I can see, nothing was different.

So please, if you don’t know the answer to this problem, don’t post telling me to read the help files. I have done that and looked at the video again. I have seen nothing that says anything about certain situations in which the angle box will be inaccessible.
P
Phosphor
Jun 7, 2007
"don’t post telling me to read the help files."

I will ALWAYS suggest that unless the person asking a question specifically states that they have already done so. How would anyone answering a question know NOT to suggest that unless the person asking states it?

I spend WAY more time on these forums than you do, and I KNOW how many people skip doing their homework and ask questions because they think it’s easier, or that it’ll save them time.

For instance, I asked a question this morning on the PS Scripting Forum. Before asked my question I did a pretty wide-ranging search.

I checked the PS Help Files.(Add: I didn’t mention this because it was completely devoid of any info, which anyone who could potentially answer would know.)

I read the Scripting PDF.

I did a pretty deep search on Google and followed a bunch of promising links, but came up empty.

When I came up empty handed I very specifically stated what I had already tried to do to find the answer to my question.

YOU DID NOT.

To me, your side of the dialogue in this thread just sounded like you were playing around and couldn’t figure something out. You only watched a video. (ADD: What video? Adobe-provided? 3rd-party? On a website? Link?) Big deal. Often, videos will assume you thoroughly know how to use the tool for which they are teaching the finer points.

"Every time except once that I have done this, the plane angle function does not work."

Well, then it sounds like you need to figure what differences occurred between the time it worked and the times it doesn’t. Is the file type different? Are there characteristics of the file that affect what you can and cannot do? Did YOU do something differently?

I asked about what the Help Files and/or the PDF files had to tell you—if only to eliminate the obvious resources first—since you made no mention of them.

You want good answers?

Ask good questions <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@@.2cd06cd9>.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections