P
Posted By
pfnolan
Jun 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have CS3 and I used Adobe Updater to upgrade to Camera Raw 4.1. I already have 4.0 installed. For some reason, I get an error when I try to install 4.1. The updater gives no reason, just that it cannot (after several tries) install 4.1 on my computer. I have a PC using Windows Vista Home Premium. I have checked and found that Camera Raw
4.0 is the version present on my computer. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

G
gowanoh
Jun 6, 2007
Have you tried uninstalling your current Camera Raw, rebooting and reinstalling?
Do you need raw file support for the cameras covered in the most recent update?
P
pfnolan
Jun 7, 2007
On Jun 6, 2:58 pm, "gowanoh" wrote:
Have you tried uninstalling your current Camera Raw, rebooting and reinstalling?
Do you need raw file support for the cameras covered in the most recent update?

Interesting idea, but is it a safe one? I don’t want to be without any Camera Raw capability. If I uninstall, can I get it back if 4.1 still can’t install? Also, how do I uninstall 4.0? Thanks for your advice.

My camera is covered in both versions of Raw.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections