Posted By
brad_copass
Feb 26, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all,

have 2 Mac OS X Tiger Machines running Creative Suite 3 Premium that are having different issues:

1. one of them will run fine for a while then reach a point of what i call saturation, wher it will not take any inputs. the only way to rid the issue is to restart the machine, but after a while it will do it again. Would reseting the Preferences in PS help???

2. the other machine that is acting up does not all the use of shapes anymore.

these may be cases what i need to wipe the machine and start fresh, but any help/advice would be very appreciated!

Thanks,
brad

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 26, 2009
The first thing to try would be to re-set the prefs..

Are you doing normal maintenance regularly (Repair Permissions, Cocktail or Onyx, & DiskWarrior)?

Other things to consider:

How much free space do you have on your HDs? How much RAM? Do you have a separate HD for Scratch?

Have you tried to create a new User’s account and run Photoshop from there?

Font Management situation?
BC
brad_copass
Mar 2, 2009
Thank you for your reply Ann:

I have reset the Permissions file as well as ‘All Tools.’

Yes, I run MacJanitor, YASU, and Preferential Treatment, at least once a month, but usually every other Week I run these programs.

We have 250GB HD’s with about 200GB Free, with 2GB RAM, and no separate HD’s with the exception of a 1 TB Time Capsule that the machines all connect to.

I have not created any new user accounts, but will try that if the act up again.

Thanks,
brad

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections