Posted By
Robo
Jun 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all!

I am in the market for the student version of Adobe Photoshop CS3. I have located it at several on-line retailers, but the cheapest I have found it is on Amazon.UK for $168.00 USD. Most others want $200.00+ USD

Would there be any differences between the version sold in the U.K. versus the version sold in the U.S.?

Any other on-line retailers I should consider purchasing the software from? I am not sure Amazon.uk will ship the software to the U.S.

Thanks for your help!

Robo

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
Don_McCahill
Jun 5, 2007
Are you sure that is USD? Normally the UK prices are much higher than US.

And I think others have found that Amazon US will not ship to UK, so I suspect the opposite is also true.
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jun 5, 2007
Robo,

Don is correct in his suspicion…Amazon UK will not ship to US cusomters. I see too that it appears PS CS3 Extended is the only version offered at academic pricing, which seems unfortunate, given the $300 price and that the features of the Extended version probably aren’t truly needed by students.

Regards,

Daryl
R
Robo
Jun 5, 2007
You’re right about the price… I used the wrong conversion. It still is a bit cheaper at around 254.00 USD than full price. And here I thought I was going to be able to make it happen! At $300.00 it would make more sense to purchase the full version.

The reason I am interested in learning the software is to help supplement my home business. I do design work using CAD software for a living and have had a few clients show an interest in artistic renderings of sites and buildings (plans and elevations – those that can be done with a combination of CAD and Photshop). I originally thought about Extended because of the Arch/Engineering design features, but after seeing the price, I will have to wait.

Would the Extended version benefit me or would I be fine with the standard version?

Thanks for your help!
DM
Don_McCahill
Jun 5, 2007
Would the Extended version benefit me or would I be fine with the standard version?

Why not download the trial(s) and see? [Does anyone know if both versions are available as trials?]

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections