Posted By
Len_Garson
Feb 26, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi…

I’m trying to follow directions I got several days ago here to bring an image into a new file that’s been sized and resolution set as desired in CS4. Here are the directions I have:

…."Open the…(picture you want to move onto the new picture). Select the Move tool and, holding down the shift key to keep it centered, drag the image into the frame of your new picture."

I’ll call the "picture you want to move onto the new picture", picture "A" and the new picture, picture "B". My situation is that picture A is in iPhoto and picture B is a new blank project I’ve started in CS4 sized to 24 x 24 inches and 300 ppi. I’ve tried dragging picture A onto picture B two ways without success. In each case, I left clicked the Move tool in CS4 as directed. Then, in the first attempt, I opened iPhoto, dragged the iPhoto space out to the side somewhat, and attempted to drag the image(picture A) out of iPhoto by left clicking on it and holding down the left click until the cursor-holding-the-image was in picture B all the while holding down the shift key as directed. No luck. In the second attempt, I did a copy-and-paste of picture A to the desktop and then left clicked on it and drug it onto picture B all the while holding down the shift key as directed. No luck. Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this transfer and what I’ve been doing wrong?

Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PZ
Ping Zheng
Feb 26, 2009
You can’t drag images from iPhoto to Photoshop
Please open Picture A and Picture B both in Photoshop and then you can drag in your way By the way, you can use Bridge to browse images, you can drag images to Photoshop from Bridge
R
Ram
Feb 26, 2009
Nice to see another Adobe staff member here, Ping. Thanks for participating.

Note to Forum Wizard: Ping Zheng needs his badge of honor. 😉
LG
Len_Garson
Feb 26, 2009
Thanks, Ping!

Used the Bridge route and it solved my problem.
PZ
Ping Zheng
Feb 26, 2009
My pleasure:)
KG
Kathy Guo
Feb 26, 2009
BTW, Ramon, you should use her instead of his. 😉
R
Ram
Feb 27, 2009
Most embarrassed! My apologies to Ping.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections