CS3 HOW TO – Auto run a Zoomifed Image on a CD?

T
Posted By
TLL
Jun 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey all, I have very large image that’s been exported via Zoomify and looks terrific. Since the sales staff doesn’t have access to the web all the time and we’re doing some experimenting, how do I make a CD/DVD that will "auto run" (call up the indexed html file and open a browser)? There has to be an easy way to do this, I just need a kick in the brain this morning…

Thanks!

TLL

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

S
stevent
Jun 5, 2007
Create an autorun.inf file containing this info

[autorun]
ShellExecute=page.htm

where page is the name of your html file.

Of course, I assume that if the recipient doesn’t have the flash player browser plugin, they won’t see much.

A better solution would be to create an executable (If you had Flash, you could make a Flash Projector file of the swf.
T
TLL
Jun 5, 2007
Thanks so much – quick question, if the CD viewer doesn’t have a Flash player on board won’t the browser call up the need for the app. and request the download? This has happened on a couple of our networked machines viewing this locally.

TLL
JO
Jim_Oblak
Jun 5, 2007
Yes.

If you are referring to stevent’s idea about making a projector file executable (if possible), then Flash player is not required. The difference with a Flash projector executable is that it will not run the EXE in a browser window. You will have to initiate the app from the browser. The user will likely be presented with a security warning that your CD-based web page is trying to execute a program.
T
TLL
Jun 5, 2007
Thanks folks – the .inf worked! I don’t have Flash but that is now on the ‘nice software to have’ list. I hope that there will be some help I can provide some day to make up for all the help I get around here.

TLL
S
stevent
Jun 5, 2007
I was actually thinking that the browser would no longer be necessary as the swf would be shown directly with it’s ow viewer, so no need to be embedded in an html.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections