CS2 – shuts down with no warning when using path text?!?

J
Posted By
jimmybee500
Jun 4, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I really hope someone can help me with this – it’s getting REALLY annoying!

Basically whenever I try to edit a text line created on a path (usually when I go to select a word and size it up) PS just closes down in 1 second flat without warning and therefore loses any unsaved data in my file. It’s getting to the point where I can’t work on it.

Any thoughts?

I’m using PS CS2 (as part of Prod Studio Premium) on XP Pro 32 with 2GB RAM, nVidia GeForce FX5200 and Intel P4 3GHz processor – for reference.

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
Don_McCahill
Jun 4, 2007
Delete preferences. See the FAQ for instructions.
J
jimmybee500
Jun 4, 2007
Thanks for the suggestion, but no that didn’t work.

This is a SERIOUS PROBLEM!! I hardly ever use path text, as I tend to use path text in After Effects instead, but I’m sure it didn’t used to do this.

Any more ideas?
CC
Christopher_Carvalho
Jun 4, 2007
Call Adobe support. Tell them there is an unhandled exit in the code somewhere. I have seen similar errors, and an application should never quit without an error message. This behavior indicates that someone preparing the code for release left debugging code in that should have been removed and replaced with an error handler.

If the application were to fault (an access violation, etc.) Windows would display an error message. The fact that this does not happen means that the code is simply exiting without going through the normal process of asking you to save your work.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jun 5, 2007
I just tried text on a path to see if any problem occurs, and I encounter no trouble in either typing the text or editing it. This is in CS3. I’ve previously done this in CS2 as well without trouble.
J
jimmybee500
Jun 5, 2007
This is strange – I just set up another file from scratch and played around with path text for a while and it’s fine..

The previous file is crashing all the time though..If I open a new file and transfer the dodgy text layer into it then the carsh still occurs…could I have a corrupted LAYER?!?
BL
Bob Levine
Jun 5, 2007
Is it the same font? If so, it could be the font that’s corrupt.

Bob
J
jimmybee500
Jun 5, 2007
That same font works ok on this other document. It’s weirder than a weird festival in weirdsville Alahbama!!??!!
RM
ryan.m.lange
Jun 5, 2007
On Jun 4, 6:07 am, wrote:
Hi all,

I really hope someone can help me with this – it’s getting REALLY annoying!
Basically whenever I try to edit a text line created on a path (usually when I go to select a word and size it up) PS just closes down in 1 second flat without warning and therefore loses any unsaved data in my file. It’s getting to the point where I can’t work on it.

Any thoughts?

I’m using PS CS2 (as part of Prod Studio Premium) on XP Pro 32 with 2GB RAM, nVidia GeForce FX5200 and Intel P4 3GHz processor – for reference.

Thanks.

A couple of coworkers are having this same problem; Photoshop CS2 just disappears without warning while they’re working on an image. The most recent "crashes" occurred when one of them was trying to resize a text box (twice on the same file, but different text). I’m not that familiar with Photoshop myself, but I’m thinking it might be related, if not the very same problem.

This (sudden close without warning or error) has even occurred with InDesign CS2 a few times, although I’m not sure what the circumstances were at the time.

I don’t have any solutions, but I thought I’d just throw an, "Us, too," in here…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections