SP
Posted By
Shane_Pedersen
Jun 2, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running CS2 on XP Prof. I create 5 16 bit tiffs from the same raw image in ACR at different exposure levels ranging from +4 to -4 stops and it’s telling there isn’t enough dynamic range. If I use a number of completely diffent shots it works. Am I doing something silly??? HELP!!!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

D
dpick
Jun 2, 2007
"from the same RAW image" is your problem. It isn’t made to work like that. To combine separate exposures from the same RAW image I use DRI Pro from Fred Miranda’s site. Nice little plugin.
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Jun 2, 2007
A RAW image typically contains 12 bits of data. Making several version of that one image is not magically going to produce any more bits (32). You need several bracketed exposures to produce more bits.
RB
Robert_Barnett
Jun 2, 2007
Photoshop won’t let you do different exposures from one RAW file for HDR. That isn’t HDR that is something else and Adobe at least right now doesn’t allow that. You need one of the standalone HDR programs like the one from http://www.hdrsoft.com

Robert
RB
Robert_Barnett
Jun 2, 2007
wrote in message
A RAW image typically contains 12 bits of data. Making several version of that one image is not magically going to produce any more bits (32). You need several bracketed exposures to produce more bits.

Not to mention that while we may not see all of the image data in a RAW image Photoshop does so have 10 images with different exposures from the same RAW file doesn’t give you any data that Photoshop hasn’t already seen. That is why it is telling you that you don’t have enough exposure difference.

Robert
SP
Shane_Pedersen
Jun 3, 2007
Thanks guys, it all makes sense now.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections