Posted By
Gerard_Dirks
Feb 17, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello

We have or Leopard OS X Server running for months. Running CS3 Clients on 10.4.11 without any problems.

A couple of weeks ago we swapped to 10.5 Clients and all Photoshop where corrupted when using "save", the "save as" works fine. After some discussions with the Adobe Support we decided to upgrade all our clients to CS4 (very expensive, while we own CS3.3 only for 5 months now)

The Same problem occured with CS4 Photoshop. After again a discussion with Adobe Support whe switched of VersionCue support within the Preferences of Photoshop. This solves the problem for our G5 Based Machine, but all the Intel-Based machines are still corrupting the Photoshop files.

Has some experienced the same problem? Is their a bugfix our a workaround. The Problem is that using "apple-S" key is an automatic mechanism for our people for your now, you can’t switch the mind in days to use "shift-apple-S" Key

Discussing the Problem with Adobe and Apple is very frustrating, they both say it is not their problem or bug but from theother.

For me Adobe should fix this bug. They offer CS4 for Leopard so they should be aware of incompatibilities with the Leopard System

Who is able to help us?

Regards
Gérard

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CP
christoph_pfaffenbichler
Feb 17, 2009
It happened at the company where I work some time ago, too, but frankly I don’t know what server-specific steps have been taken to avoid it since.
I think the solution lay on the server-side, maybe I can find that out later.

Laying the blame at Adobe’s doorstep seems strange though, when Adobe decidedly advises its customers to work on files on local volumes.
< http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb 403815> Have You updated to 10.5.4 yet?
NK
Neil_Keller
Feb 17, 2009
This is a solvable problem, and indeed a number of networks work just fine with remote access and saving. But it requires your experienced IT to deal with it — to understand the particular issues with your network and how to solve them on your end. Changing an OS and its network settings, computers, software, routers and switches and their settings, cabling, other network hardware or software or their settings can affect how reliably files can be accessed and saved to a server.

As Adobe has said for years, there are just far too many network variables for Adobe to guarantee that saving to a network will always work. So they recommend: drag the file to the local volume. Work locally. Save locally. Drag the file back to the server.

Neil

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections