Is there a work-around for Date Created?

SB
Posted By
Suzanne_Brandeau
Feb 16, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In Bridge CS3 we cannot sort by DateTimeOriginal. We can sort by Date Created.

Somehow or other I edited 167 pictures making their Date Created months after they were taken. In Bridge I can see the EXIF DateTimeOriginal.

Inasmuch as the file sort option is Date Created, is there any way I can work around this?

And no, keeping zillions of originals is not an acceptable work-around.

I cannot think of any reason why Adobe would not allow us to sort by DateTimeOriginal (EXIF capture date). The ONLY WAY I want to see my pictures is chronologically.

If anyone has a work-around, please clue me in.

Suzie

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Feb 17, 2009
Adobe Bridge Macintosh forum [CLICK HERE] <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.3bba3d51>

Adobe Camera Raw Forum [CLICK HERE] <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@@.3bb6a869>
DI
D_Ingram
Feb 18, 2009
Hi Suzanne,

How about editing the created dates back to the appropriate time with a utility like File Buddy?

You can download a 7 day trial version from www.skytag.com/filebuddy/. Once it is installed and opened, go under the File Menu to Get Info. Select a file to modify after that. You may change the information for individual files that way.

You may change entire folders full of pictures under the List menu. Add the folders with the afflicted images to the list and you may change the info all in one shot.

Anyway, I think that would offer a solution to your problem without waiting for Adobe to add new sorting criteria and I hope it proves more informative than railroading you off to a different forum.

D
B
Buko
Feb 19, 2009
we cannot sort by DateTimeOriginal. We can sort by Date Created.

isn’t that the same thing?
DI
D_Ingram
Feb 19, 2009
I believe DateTimeOriginal is metadata, not file data.

D
R
Ram
Feb 19, 2009
One (DateTimeOriginal) is the date the image itself was created, the other one denotes the date the file was created. Hint: you can see one in the Finder when you hit Command+I but not the other one. ;))
SB
Suzanne_Brandeau
Feb 19, 2009
Thanks all for the information and help.

I wasn’t aware of File Buddy but will look at it.

Camerabits says Quantum Mechanic can do this, so I’ll look at that too.

Suzie

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections