Posted By
c.fast
Feb 11, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I have layered files that I have saved. When I view my files in column format, in the preview area, text appears, not the image. I can’t read the text as it is so tiny. Even when I magnified it I couldn’t red it. It just seems to happen to files saved as .psd, not to jpegs.

Has this happened to other people? If you have a solution, other than flattening the file, as I wish to save the layers, please help me. Thank you in advance.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Feb 11, 2009
CLICK HERE <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?50@@.2cd06cd9> for advice on how to ask your question correctly for quicker answers. Thanks!
CF
c.fast
Feb 11, 2009
I can add a bit more information: I’m using CS4 with Mac OS 10. 5.6
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 11, 2009
When I view my files in column format, in the preview area, text appears, not the image. I can’t read the text as it is so tiny.

Meaning you are previewing in the Finder?

That is possibly because you have an Alpha channel in the file.

If you learn to use Bridge CS4, instead of using the Finder, you won’t have this problem.
CF
c.fast
Feb 11, 2009
I was finally able to read the text. It says: " This layered file was not saved with a composite image." What does that mean?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 11, 2009
It means exactly that: that you did NOT save a "Composite Image in Photoshop.

Check your Photoshop Prefs./file Handling…

And check to Maximise Compatibility and that you wish to save Previews.

But seriously, do learn to use Bridge CS4 … (I very seldom use the Finder for anything to do with Image files anymore).

🙂
CF
c.fast
Feb 12, 2009
Thank you for all your responses. Yes, it was a Preference item, under File Handling I changed my choice from Never to Aways and now there is no problem.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections