NR
Posted By
Nathan.Rutman
Jun 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A few weeks ago Photoshop stopped anti-aliasing vector smart objects (AI, EPS, etc.) when I right click on the layer and select "replace contents" and choose another vector object. This used to work fine. Anybody have any idea what might have happened or what I could do to fix it? Placing objects from scratch works fine.

I found this line in the Help file under "To place a file in Photoshop",

If you’re placing a PDF, EPS, or Adobe Illustrator file, set the Anti-alias option in the options bar as desired. To blend edge pixels during rasterization, select the Anti-alias option. To produce a hard-edged transition between edge pixels during rasterization, deselect the Anti-alias option.

I don’t know if that’s talking about the visual rasterizing of the smart object (i.e. mapping it to screen pixels) or actually rasterizing the layer, but either way I cannot find the "Anti-alias option on the object bar" in regards to smart objects.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!
-Nate

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections