RJ
Posted By
Rick_Janowski
May 27, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using Photoshop CS 8.0 on Windows XP. When I select File > Open, I get the thumbnails view. I can use a little dropdown at the the top to change this to List view (for example). But the next time I use File > Open, I see thumbnails again. Is there some way to make my preference stick so that I see my preferred view each time I select File > Open?

This seems such a trivial issue, and yet I can’t find an answer (believe me, I have tried). Thanks for any help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
John_Joslin
May 27, 2007
Is there some way to make my preference stick so that I see my preferred view each time I select File > Open?

Unfortunately not. Blame Micro$oft!
RJ
Rick_Janowski
May 28, 2007
Thanks, John. I guess Microsoft knows better than I do how I want to see these files. Silly me.
FN
Fred_Nirque
May 28, 2007
There must be something somewhere – if I select File>Open I always get the list displayed, and I’ve never been able to get thumbnails to stick.

(When dealing with stitching panos, thumbnails make things much easier than a list of file names – which is why I always use Bridge now.)

I’m guessing I’ve set this somewhere a long time ago inadvertently, and forgot where or what was involved.
DM
dave_milbut
May 28, 2007
i’ll take a guess, until tuesday when i’m back at work… something like this. close all open apps. open windows explorer to any folder. maximize it. set the view you want the dialog to display in. when it’s set correctly. hold the control key and close explorer (key point here: ) by clicking the "X" in the upper right of the window (won’t work with file> close or f4, ,must be that "X"). restart windows immediately. Start> shutdown> restart.

open photoshop and check the dialog…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections