K
Posted By
kateri
Aug 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I see filters, effects, etc. plug ins advertised which are compatable with Photoshop.

Are these/any available for Photoshop Elements 2 (I have Windows XP.)?

I am particularly interested in effects which are not confined to text.

Thank you.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 21, 2004
Kateri,

Most things written for Photoshop 7 will work in Elements and are not specific to a Windows or Mac platform. Photoshop 7 Filters also work but they are platform specific. Actions do not work at all unless you have downloaded an addon and then only Actions that have been adjusted will work.

You will find lots of Brushes, Custom shapes, gradients, patterns, styles and much more at:

<http://share.studio.adobe.com/axBrowseProduct.asp?p=2>

Wendy
K
kateri
Aug 21, 2004
??? tube effect

A lot of stuff at those sites. Thanks, Mark.

I particularly liked that "tube" effect but am I correct in understanding that Photoshop (and I am limited to Photoshop Elements 2) does not have it or support it without more knowledge than a beginner, like me, has?
K
kateri
Aug 21, 2004
A real treasure chest of a site, Wendy! Thanks for sharing – especially that tip about Photoshop 7 stuff as generally OK for Photoshop Elememts (I have Elements 2.)

Have dial-up so it’s taking quite some time to take a look around (slowly but happily).

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 21, 2004
Kateri ( what a beautiful name )
I recently switched from dial up to DSL..OH MY GOD ! What a difference ! Right now many phone companies have deals going on that include Max dsl…seperate line so no more needing Call Wave ( if you use it ) and the cost is only about 15 bucks more a month than what i was paying before ( your mileage may vary)…and it is sooooooo worth it ! Anyways, call your phone company and see what they say. It is such a good idea ! trust me 🙂
K
kateri
Aug 21, 2004
Thanks and plus $15 IS a good deal!
Someday I hope to be able to afford DSL. Unfortunately, not in near future.

Still hoping and your enthusiasm, Wendy, is definitely a big plus.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
K
kateri
Aug 22, 2004
Well, Jodi, I spent time + time + time using my Dial-Up to browse and download some brushes from the sight Wendy suggested

<http://share.studio.adobe.com/axBrowseProduct.asp?p=2>

Needless to say, your enthusiastic account of DSL experience has become all the more envied.

I got myself in trouble though: I downloaded brushes but don’t know how to access them from my Photoshop Elements 2.0 (Windows XP). The answer probably is in the Elements 2 manual, but I haven’t found it.

I’m a newbie and suspect you are probably into Photoshop CS. However, if you have any ideas about what I might do to solve my accessing the downloaded brushes problem feel free to DSL e-mail them.

Thanks.
K
kateri
Aug 22, 2004
Wendy, I really spent a lot of great browsing and referencing at <http://share.studio.adobe.com/axBrowseProduct.asp?p=2>

Thanks, again, for the URL.

TROUBLE:
I downloaded some of the brushes but don’t know how to access them while in my Photoshop Elements 2 (I’m a newbie.)

Have any ideas how I go about accessing the brushes I downloaded so I can use them in Elements 2? I haven’t found the answer in the manual.
You are probably into Photoshop CS, but I thought I’d ask anyway.

Anybody else reading this, feel free to chime in. And if you have’t visited the URL (above), add it to your "must do" list.

🙂
JD
Janice_Dodson
Aug 22, 2004
I cant burn a cd since I installed windows xp with Photoshop Elements 2.0 Do you know what I can do to solve this problem?Janice
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 22, 2004
kateri,

Here is what you do with the brushes.

First (if they are not already unzipped) unzip them.
Then they need moving into Photoshop Elements … to do that … go to the program file and you will find a folder called presets … within that folder is another one that is called brushes.
Move the brushes you downloaded into the brushes folder. Restart Elements and the brushes will then appear with the rest of your brushes.

If you get stuck just let us know … I’m using a Mac but there are quite a lot of windows users here who will be able to help.

Wendy
TF
Terri_Foster
Aug 22, 2004
Kateri,

Make sure you don’t download any CS brushes as these won’t work in PSE.

Terri
BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 22, 2004
Janice, start a new topic and be a little more specific. I can’t tell, for instance, whether the problem occurred after you installed Windows or after you installed Elements. Plus, we need to know what kind of software you were using for burning CDs, and it would also be helpful to know if this is an internal or external burner. That kinda stuff.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections