CS
Posted By
Craig_Short
Aug 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Elements 1.0 – Whenever I use a file/open command, the program closes. I can only open up images by using the image browser tab.

Anyone see this before? Seems like a recent change after I updated to Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NS
Nancy_S
Aug 19, 2004
Craig,

Did you try the often times "universal fix" of deleting the preferences file at launch? For Windows, IMMediately after launch, hold down shift/control/alt until box appears with question, answer yes, let it load. If you don’t see the question, let it load and try again. If this doesn’t fix it, perhaps there is something going on with version 6 A. Reader.
CS
Craig_Short
Aug 20, 2004
Tried the universal fix and it didn’t work.
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
Aug 20, 2004
Craig,

Don’t know if it will help here but sometimes the sequence of installations can change things. As an example, the only way I can get my scanner and Elements 1 to coexist is to be sure the scanner software is installed first. You might try uninstalling Elements, getting rid of all the left over Elements files and reinstalling Elements. Of course then Reader 6.0 may start acting up.

Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections