Postscan work: Autorotate scanned pics parallel to the canvas edges, make them aligned

L
Posted By
leonhard
Aug 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
So as I dicovered that this forum is read by a lot of genuious people, I like to put up the question if there is a way within photoshop to autorotate scans in a way that they are parallel to the canvas edges?

I don’t have any sophisticated scanner driver which does the work for me and to rotate them by hand should be considerd for sure a superflous waste of time. If there’s no way to let photoshop do it, perhaps anybody could recommend a good plugin? Would be purely lovely.

Olaf

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 29, 2003
Photoshop Elements has this feature, although it cannot be automated to straighten multiple images. The feature doesn’t exist in Photoshop, and I HOPE they will have incorporated it into PS v8 when it is released. I put a request for such a feature in the feature request forum.

And I offered Chris Cox a LOT of expensive tequila to do it <grin>.

Peace,
Tony
GH
Gary Hummell
Aug 29, 2003
Be sure the feature is in PS 8 before you send the Tequila otherwise it may only rotate 85 or 87 or 92 degrees or whatever.<grin also>.
Gary
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 29, 2003
Good point Gary. But if it has the same or similar Deskew that Elements has, and is batchable, then here’s the shipping label:

<http://www.myoldyearbookcd.com/tests/tequila.gif>
DM
dave milbut
Aug 30, 2003
she-it tony. i totally forgot! i’ve been on vaca… i’ll test that out for you and let you know tomorrow dude. sorry!

dave
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 30, 2003
Dave,

No worries mate. I posted in the Elements Forum (which I should have done in the first place). It seems that there’s no way to automate the "straighten" function in PSE. Even if you *could* write an action for it (and I don’t think you can), it doesn’t appear that PSE has batch functions.

So I can only hope that it’s in v8, or I have to spend another $1,200 on stupid straightening software. I’d rather give the dough to Adobe (and the tequila to Chris <grin>).

Peace friend,
Tony

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections