JA
Posted By
James_A_Knoy
May 25, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I bring in a PSD image into Media Pro, I get an error but no image. The Media Pro book says I may need to reinstall my PS CS2. They suggested others may have other solutions instead, so I am asking. I have asked Adobe how many times I am allowed to install my CS2, but they don’t seem to understand my question. I have heard that they limit the number of times you can install their product and I may want to install it on a laptop eventually etc.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
May 25, 2007
you can reinstall on the same machine as often as you like.

are you saving the file with maximize compatibility set on?

go to edit> preferences> file handling. set "maximize psd compatibility" to ask or always.

it means larger file sizes (because it saves a composite along with your image) but it allows lots of 3rd party apps to use that composite data to open the psd’s.
JA
James_A_Knoy
May 25, 2007
Thanks for your reply. I tried what you said, but it did not seem to help. I still get the error message of "the layered photoshop file was not served with a composite image". Does this mean its not flattened? I am still learning here. Also, I found some other PSDs that do import. so I must need to do something different in my workflow. Any suggestions? Thanks
DM
dave_milbut
May 25, 2007
did you set it for ask or always? set it for ask and then make SURE you save it with compatibility on when the dialog pops up.

alternately, yes. save a new file out (new name, no need to overwrite your layered file). flatten it before saving. save with max compatibility. try to import that.

it’s possible the layered version is using some feature not supported in the app you’re trying to import into, so saving a flattened version should work out.

alternately again ( 🙂 ) you can try to save out the psd (flattened) from image ready.
JA
James_A_Knoy
May 25, 2007
I think it was the compatibility solution you first mentioned. I just needed to restart. Thanks for helping out. That was fantastic.
DM
dave_milbut
May 25, 2007
cool beans! glad to help james! glad it’s working for you!

dave

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections