NA
Posted By
norman_annis
Aug 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I restore old photos and work with a lot of stains. I have been using the eydropper tool to read the values of rgb in a good area of a photo and comparing that value with a similar one in the stained section. I then go in levels on the stained area and adjust the rgb channels to match the good readings. Sometimes when both readings are matched, the colors aren’t even close. Any ideas or a better way to correct stains?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

KW
Ken_Wolin
Aug 21, 2004
Tim,

How does Russel Brown’s tutorial apply to Elements? Channels and quick mask are unavailable. Is there a way to work around that?

——– Kenny
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 21, 2004
Ken,

Check out:

<http://www.hiddenelements.com/>

Wendy
TL
Tim_Lookingbill
Aug 21, 2004
Ken, sorry about that. I kind of wiz through these forums trying to help as much as I can and missed the limitations in PS Elements.

I have PS 7.01. The tutorial came on my original PS 4 CD, bought back in ’98 so I thought Elements might have some of 4’s features.

Even if you don’t have the tools, it still gives insight on analyzing an image and becoming aware of what you can do with the tools you have available.

It’s a good study and gets you thinking none the less.
SB
Stu_Bloom
Aug 22, 2004
Actually, the only problem is the channels. The Elements selection brush is equivalent to the PS quick mask mode. (IMO, the selection brush is better than PS quick mask. I’ve mostly switched to PS, but I sometimes save my image from PS, open it in Elements, create my selection with the selection brush, save the selection, then re-open it in PS and load the selection.)

The individual channels are accessible through Richard Lynch’s toolset, available by buying his superb book, The Hidden Power of Photoshop Elements 2. They’re not as convenient as PS’s built-in channels, but for occasional use, they’re quite useful. The other tools that come with the book are also valuable.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections