TZ
Posted By
Thomas_Zeman
May 24, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop CS3 running on Windows XP Pro with 2GB of RAM. I very succussfully ran a dual monitor setup with CS2, and had all my palettes and tools on the second monitor. My video card is a 3Dlabs VP880 Pro with 256 MB of VRAM, and the latest driver available.

CS3 installed with no problems. I don’t get any errors when I run it. I am able to use and move the toolbar around the screen(s), but when I click on the docked panels, nothing happens. I’m unable to click among the tabs in the docked panels, nothing happens, and I can’t move them.

I’ve read a few articles that seem to suggest a compatibility problem between my video card and CS3 (even though CS2 ran great). The card is only two years old, and I’m shuddering at the thought of replacing it, especially if I’m not 100% certain it’s the cause of the problems.

Can anyone suggest something to fix this, or confirm issues with this video card?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
PECourtejoie
May 24, 2007
Where are the panels? on the first or second monitor?
Do you click on the target area (the top of the panels)?
TZ
Thomas_Zeman
May 25, 2007
Everything is on the primary monitor where it comes up by default. I tried clicking on the top of the panels, the tabs, everything. I can’t open them or move them.
JJ
John_Joslin
May 25, 2007
Did you really trying moving a palette to the secondary monitor by dragging JUST THE TAB LABEL?
TZ
Thomas_Zeman
May 25, 2007
Yes, I really did. Not just can’t move them to the second monitor, can’t move them anywhere. Even on the primary display. And as I said, I can’t open the tabs on the docked pallettes either.
P
PECourtejoie
May 25, 2007
I think that you are good to use the bug report form. Those videocard are not common at all. Or contact the manufacturers of the videocard to ask for updated drivers.
TZ
Thomas_Zeman
May 25, 2007
I contacted 3dLabs first. The card is only two years old and they’re still selling the cards they have made, but they’ve left the graphics card market. I have the latest driver and there won’t be any more development. So far, they haven’t been able to help me.

Where can I find the bug report form?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections