PB
Posted By
Pam_Barkas
Aug 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been searching how to place an arrow so that it points at a specific place on a photo. From what I have been reading, it seems as if I have to draw an arrow using the custom shape tool. If so, I am in big trouble because I have poor eye hand coordination and don’t draw well.

Is there a ready-made arrow that I can drag to a spot and then manipulate it so that it points the right way?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 16, 2004
look in the default shapes menu. There are pre-defined ‘arrows’ in there. Just click on one then click and drag accross the screen…afterwards you can move it to any position you need with the move tool.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Aug 16, 2004
Pam

It is so simple so have no fear. Press the U key on the keyboard. Then in the option menu click on the line. Next click on the little down arrow just right of the speech balloon. Click on the location of the head try picking start. Click you mouse where you want the tip to be and drag out to where ever you want that is it will be in a straight line.

Grant
PA
Patti Anderson
Aug 16, 2004
You can use the Line tool under Custom Shapes and then from the drop down list called "Geometry options" choose Start or End with arrowhead. This is Elements 2.0, not sure if this is in version 1.

Patti
PB
Pam_Barkas
Aug 17, 2004
Thanks so much for all your help. I will be trying your suggestions. Pam

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections