Posted By
MoiMeme
May 21, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I have a photo of a church that I would like to convert to simple "pencil contours" of the structure, not B&W but as if it was penciled

Any way to achive such effect ?

TIA !!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
May 21, 2007
"MoiMeme" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a photo of a church that I would like to convert to simple "pencil contours" of the structure, not B&W but as if it was penciled

TIA !!!
Are you ready?

Open your image and copy the layer ctrl+J (never work on your background layer)
With the top layer selected (active) go to Filter>Blur>Smart Blur. Quality needs to be high and the mode is edge only.
The radius about 20-30 and the threshold about 20. Experiment with these settings as different image resolutions will give differing effects As a guide, the lower the threshold the more lines you will generate. When you commit the settings the image will go black with white lines on it. Ctrl+I will invert this to black lines on white field.
Don’t forget, play aroungd with the settings.

TWK
M
MoiMeme
May 23, 2007
Thanks ! Will experiment this !!
Regards

"Toobi-Won Kenobi" <Toobi-won > a
M
MoiMeme
May 24, 2007
Worked perfectly ! THANKS !!!!
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
May 24, 2007

Glad to help.Thanks for the update.

Regards,

TWK
T
Talker
May 26, 2007
On Thu, 24 May 2007 21:34:19 +0200, "MoiMeme" wrote:

"Toobi-Won Kenobi" <Toobi-won > a écrit dans le message de news: f2t6rg$1ct$1$
Hi all,

TIA !!!
Are you ready?

Open your image and copy the layer ctrl+J (never work on your background layer)
With the top layer selected (active) go to Filter>Blur>Smart Blur. Quality needs to be high and the mode is edge only.
The radius about 20-30 and the threshold about 20. Experiment with these settings as different image resolutions will give differing effects As a guide, the lower the threshold the more lines you will generate. When you commit the settings the image will go black with white lines on it. Ctrl+I will invert this to black lines on white field. Don’t forget, play aroungd with the settings.

TWK

I haven’t tried Toobi’s method yet, and if his method does what you need, then that’s good.
The method I use to achieve a pencil drawing effect is one that I got from somewhere on the Net.

Open the photo then duplicate it to a new layer.

Go to Image….Adjustments….Desaturate.

Duplicate this layer, then go to Image….Adjustments….Invert.

For this layer select Color Dodge.

Now go to Filter….Blur….Gaussian Blur and set it 2.1 pixels.

Talker

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections