Posted By
Michael_Valleriano
May 21, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I have a registered Photoshop CS2 on my desktop and recently transferred my registration from an old laptop to a new Vista based laptop.

When I use Page Setup, both from the File Menu and from within Print with Preview, the Printer button does not show up on the Vista laptop. It is fine on the XP desktop.

Is this similar to the issue with needing the change info to prevent from needing to continually re-register the product?

Thank you.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JV
Jeff_Van_de_Walker
May 21, 2007
That’s a change that Microsoft made for vista, it’s os wide. ( check a text document > page setup and you can see the printer button is missing)

If you click print when in "Print with Preview" the next dialog is the OS dialog. From that dialog you should be able to set all your printer options from within that dialog.

Hope this helps,
Jeff @ adobe

wrote in message
Hello,

I have a registered Photoshop CS2 on my desktop and recently transferred my registration from an old laptop to a new Vista based laptop.
When I use Page Setup, both from the File Menu and from within Print with Preview, the Printer button does not show up on the Vista laptop. It is fine on the XP desktop.

Is this similar to the issue with needing the change info to prevent from needing to continually re-register the product?

Thank you.
MV
Michael_Valleriano
May 22, 2007
Thanks Jeff,

I realize what you’ve said. But, in the workflow that I prefer, I like to click on the printer link before and review any printer settings before I hit print in Print with Preview.

This becomes especially important when I’m not using a paper size that comes in the pull down. This allows for me to get a preview of the image on a "paper" in the Preview Window.

A good example of this is 5 x 7 borderless prints. This is not a "pull down" size in my Canon driver. So, I must go into Page Setup, Printer, Properties, Custom Page Size = 5 x 7.
RP
Rick_Popham
May 22, 2007
Hi Jeff,

I wonder if you could address some of the other issues people are having with CS3’s printing behavior. There are at least three ongoing threads on this forum. I know we would all appreciate a little feedback from Adobe.

Thanks,

Rick

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections