KR
Posted By
Kyle_Rabine
May 21, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am somewhat of an avid "Photoshoper" and I like the features of having multiple monitors. I recently built a new computer and only had enough money for 1 19" monitor, but I think after summer I might buy a new one.

What are you guys takes on using dual monitors, and what setups do you currently use?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

QP
Q_Photo
May 22, 2007
I currently have two Samsung 19" CRT’s. On the main monitor I have file that I’m working on. On second, to the right, I have my pallets and possibly a second window of the file. I have two nvidia cards because that is what was available from my computer builder at that time. In the past (old computer) I had one card for two monitors and that worked very well also.

Two monitors, the only way to go, unless you have a really large single monitor.

Check the want ads as there are used monitors available all the time at cheap prices. I just bought my second Samsung for $50.00. It is the same model as my first monitor and they match perfectly.

Q
BL
Bob Levine
May 22, 2007
Two monitors, the only way to go, unless you have a really large single monitor.

I’ve got a 24" widescreen and still find that I need the secondary 20" widescreen to work efficiently.

Bob
C
chrisjbirchall
May 22, 2007
I’ve got a 24" widescreen

I went to my optician – it’s cheaper! 😉
BL
Bob Levine
May 22, 2007
Actually Dell has a great sale on them in the U.S. $569 with free shipping.

Bob
FN
Fred_Nirque
May 23, 2007
Bob, if that’s what you’re using, how do the Dells respond to calibration? They’ve got great deals on them at the moment here in Australia as well.
BL
Bob Levine
May 23, 2007
Calibrate just fine using an EyeOne. You can’t beat them for the value and the 20" actually uses the exact same panel as the Apple Cinema Display for a lot less money and much better features.

The display can easily be rotated (you’ll need a video card and driver that support it) and the three year warranty is a nice piece of mind addition.

Bob
FN
Fred_Nirque
May 23, 2007
Thanks, Bob. I’ll check out Dell tomorrow.
I
ID._Awe
May 23, 2007
Bob: What vcard are you using?
BL
Bob Levine
May 23, 2007
It’s just the stock card that came in the Dimension 9100…RADEON X300SE.

I don’t know if it would be any good with 3D or gaming but for my purposes it’s just fine.

Bob
I
ID._Awe
May 23, 2007
Have to update the computer, going with an ATI FireGL v5500 at the moment. Got some 3D stuff to do.
M
Madmech
May 23, 2007
I actually use 4 monitors and I love it.

I have a 22" monitor in the middle. A 17" on the left with another on the right. I then have a 19" wide screen above the 22" wide screen.

I use middle for Photoshop, Right for palettes, Left for files and windows related to project and the top one for messengers, media players etc etc etc.

Now that I have it, I could not live without it 🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections