N
Posted By
nospamdniemeye
May 21, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can save files in Word to www.whatever.com/whatever as long as I have rights to the folder. When I try the same thing in Photoshop CS (V.8), it asks me for my name and password to the site but then says "The above filename is invalid." It seems like it wants to or can save to the location but doesn’t like the file name or address name… What gives? Can Photoshop CS save to the Internet or not?

Dave

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
chrisjbirchall
May 21, 2007
Without Version Cue, Photoshop does not support saving over a network – let alone the big w-w-w-one!

Open and save your files to your local drive then copy them via FTP.
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
May 21, 2007
wrote in message
I can save files in Word to www.whatever.com/whatever as long as I have rights to the folder. When I try the same thing in Photoshop CS (V.8), it asks me for my name and password to the site but then says "The above filename is invalid." It seems like it wants to or can save to the location but doesn’t like the file name or address name… What gives? Can Photoshop CS save to the Internet or not?
Dave,
You would be lucky to get PS to save files over a network never mind the ‘net.
Adobe does not support the saving of files over any network due to the amount of variables that this process would involve.
Always work and save locally and then transfer the finished article.

TWK

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections