PM
Posted By
Paul M Weiss
Aug 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
im working on a movie, and im tryign to edit the .flm in photoshop, but im way to lazy to edit 1398 frames per 3 minutes of footage so id like to know of a way to edit multiple frames easily like speed up the proccess, say putting in a realistic muzzle flare for an mp-5 and making lightsabers and so forth, this is the only thign standing in my way of beign abel to successfuly finish my movies, this knowledge is very important to me and i must gain help, so someone out there plz heed my words?!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
Don McCahill
Aug 29, 2003
Photoshop is not designed for working on movies, so unfortunately you are forced to work a frame at a time.

Perhaps if you ask your question in After Effects forum, where more movie people hang out, they can let you know if there is a work-around for you.
MR
Mark Reynolds
Aug 29, 2003
Total rubbish

You can easily do what you want with actions – its not difficult at all to batch large numbers of frames, and have them processed relatively quickly.

Even limited animation can be achieved with this process.

If you actually want a video editing tool – then yes go for After Effects
P
Phosphor
Aug 29, 2003
Yah, 1398 frames of hand-drawn light sabers sounds really productive.
PH
Photo Help
Aug 29, 2003
Chris,

Not according to Mark :)

Eric,

It may not be that productive, but in my college days I knew a few people with much more time than money that thought it worked just fine :)

Paul,

Also take a look at Combustion <http://www.discreet.com/products/combustion/>.
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 29, 2003
Combustion is what they used to do the digital grading in Fellowship of the Ring.
MR
Mark Reynolds
Aug 29, 2003
Photo help – tracing an object and applying an effect certainly can be done (in my book relatively easily) in Photoshop. Not with vector animation granted, but that takes a lot of extra work anyway.

As Chris said it may be easier in After Effects, but all the tools used for tracking are within Photoshop

With reference to Combustion – sure theres massive animation functionalty there, and obviously Photoshop’s not designed to compete. But even compositing can be done on a budget just using PS.
J
JasonSmith
Aug 29, 2003
"Photoshop is not designed for working on movies"

Actually that’s not entirely true…AfterEffects is definitely a better option though.
MR
Mark Reynolds
Aug 29, 2003
I meant tracking – theres no edit on this forum
PM
Paul M Weiss
Sep 3, 2003
well allow me to further detail my intentions. say i want to make a muzzle flash on an mp-5, now i dont wanna edit like 70 sumtin frames cuz A) im impatient, B) it wouldnt look so good. so i want to be able to have somethign that will automate these thigns, like i do a frame here and there an basicly it will compencate, same thig nfor explosions of dirt and such, and blue screening, i dont wanna have to edit the bvlue out and replace it with the new background every dam frame, id liek sumtin that would do it for me
PM
Paul M Weiss
Sep 3, 2003
also does anyone know of a program i can edit voices and make kool sonds in? say liek i record my voice now i want to make it sound liek a demon or sumtun, or like Ra’s voice in Stargate, anyone know?
P
Phosphor
Sep 3, 2003
All you have to do is talk like you spell. It’ll sound pretty odd.

Or, buy a software or hardware Digital Signal Processor. Even some cheap guitar stomp-boxes can do a good job.
PM
Paul M Weiss
Sep 3, 2003
imn afrais i do not know what u r talking about with the talk as u spell and as for programs, is there any specific program out there perfect for such use?
P
Phosphor
Sep 3, 2003
this is starting to sound like a troll….

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections