Posted By
horsepower
May 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop CS2 Italian version.
I have tried to do a "New Layer Comp". I have checked Apply to Layers: Visibility,Position,Appearance(LayerStyle) Settings.

After I have tried to change the visibility and the position of some layers and the Style of one layer (applying one simple Inner Glow), under the Layer Palette.
This time I have created a second New Composition.
When I switch between the First and the Second Comp, only the Visibility and the Style Effect change correctly; the position of the Layers, under the Layer Palette, appears the same for all the Comps!
The position of the layers appears as the last position selected from the last operation.

Therefore I tried to select the First Comp, made the position changes of the Layers, Click Update Comp (Aggiorna) under LayerComps Palette; Select the Second Comp, made the position changes, and Click Update for this Comp:
The position of the Layers reflect allways the last operation, also when I switch from the First Comp to the Second Comp! Only the Visibility and the LayerStyle changes!

Is this a BUG?
How can I do to save correctly the position of the Layers under Comps?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

H
horsepower
May 27, 2007
Please help me!
WE
Wolf_Eilers
May 27, 2007
I have duplicated your behaviour using CS2. It seems that the Layer Position option on the Layer Comps options does not operate as one would expect.

I also confess that I have never moved a layer when creating a Layer Comp for my own work. I’m not sure if this is a bug, nor am I sure if the behaviour is different in CS3.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections