LK
Posted By
len_kology
Aug 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
using elements 1.0 and I installed a new Olympus printer P-10. At the print preview the size of the media is incorrect! This printer supports 3.5 X 5" and 4" x 6" media but the preview window lists 2.8 X ? and 3.4 X 4.7"

I’m having trouble getting output that matches my screen. Everything is being cropped.

Olympus told me it was the photo editing software.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MM
Mac_McDougald
Aug 11, 2004
your images are probably not in same aspect ratio as 3.5×5 or 4×6.

Matter of fact, THOSE two sizes are not proportional, they are different aspect ratios.

Just math.
3.5 x 5 becomes 4×5.7, so something has to go.

What pixel dimensions are your pix? (I’m guessing they don’t jibe with EITHER of those formats).

Mac
LK
len_kology
Aug 12, 2004
Mac,

Thanks for the reply. I’m really searching for answers. I scanned an image exactly 4"X6" and selected 4X6 paper during printer setup. When I go to print preview in Elements I see a paper size of around 3.43" X 4.7". If I ignor this and print a 4X6" image to 4X6" paper I get something entirely different. I get something that looks like it was cropped on all sides then enlarged to 4X6" ( I only get the center of the original)>

I have reloaded the printer driver with the latest from the manufacturer. Nothing seems to help.

I’m not sure if it’s the hardware, the driver, the software or Windows that controls this part of printing.
BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 12, 2004
I’m not sure this will make a difference, but I noticed something about the workflow you described that has me curious. You said above you scan>select 4X6 in printer setup>go to Print Preview. Is that really the sequence you’re using? If so, try scan>open in PSE to check size/resolution>go to Print Preview>use Page Setup from the Print Preview screen to select the printer options.

It’s still too early in the morning here on the left coast for me to think this through too clearly, but I’ve always been under the impression you had to be in Print Preview and make printer choices from there in order for them to be accurately reflected in your final print from Elements.

Or maybe I should go back to bed for a while. 🙂
JH
Jim_Hess
Aug 12, 2004
I don’t know anything about your Olympus printer. I have an HP photo printer. And I guess I’m not as precise as some of you might be. I don’t know how your printer driver works, but when I load a picture into the Elements Print Preview, I have an option where I can "Scale to fit media". For me, it works very well. If the picture is a little bit small, it will be expanded automatically. If the picture is a full five megapixel image, it will be compressed so that it will fit whatever paper size I have chosen.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Aug 13, 2004
What does it say with Image/Resize/Image Size?
You need to confirm that exact size is correct there before proceeding.

Mac

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections