G
Posted By
grahamtav
May 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have just downloaded some duotone preset files into the duotone folder (where the default duotone presets are kept).
When I try to create a duotone I go to load option but the preset folders all appear empty – Photoshop CS£ cannot see tghe contents of the preset folder despite the fact that the files are in the folder.
I have reset prefs etc and am an experienced Photoshop user. They work fine in my old Photoshop CS2.
Is theis a problem with CS£ or am I just doing someting wrong? Advice would be apprecciated.

(XPPro, CS3, 2GB RAM, 3 x 200HDs)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AI
alan_ingham
May 17, 2007
Do the install instructions for the downloaded presets specifically state that they are suitable for CS3? This is a relatively new application and at this time many of the old actions and presets that one could use in CS2 will simply not work in CS3. It is for this reason that I still have CS2 installed on my system and await further developments in CS3 or presets/actions being created specifically for it.
G
grahamtav
May 17, 2007
Yep, Alsn your right – the duotone presets were created in CS2.

However, While in CS3 I can select load and choose a different folder in the CS2 version and the presets are visible and usable.

Its eems that CS3 has a problem displaying the CS2 presets.

Thanks anyway

Graham

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections