G
Posted By
gsrblack
Aug 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What does everyone here recommend as the best beginner’s book as well as advanced book to get?

I’m new at PE 2.0 and wanted some good tutorials so I can at least master this program.

Thanks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GD
Grant_Dixon
Aug 9, 2004
gsrblack

Here is a great place to start your search.

http://www.rewarren.com/challenge/books.htm

Grant
MS
Mark_Sand
Aug 9, 2004
I recommend for a atater book "Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 Hands-On Training" by Shane Rebenschied and Lynda Weinman, published by lynda.com/books. It has 12 chapters, each with example pictures (on CD) and step-by-step instructions. The CD also has 10 excellent movies (.mov) of additional PSE2 techniques. For the movies, I kept 2 windows open: one with the movie playing in QuickTime, the other with the corresponding picture opened in PSE2; as the movie played, I would pause it now and then and switch to PHE2 to perform the various techniques, and this was quite effective and lots of fun! Overall, a worthwhile starter book.
A
Ade
Aug 10, 2004
I particularly like "The Photoshop Elements Book For Digital Photographers" by Scott Kelby.

It has lots of examples of the kinds of things you need to do with photos that other books make hard in my opinion. I like the idea of not telling me the technical dross behind a step and just getting on with the job at hand. New starters and experienced users would find this a valuable asset.

wrote:
I recommend for a atater book "Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 Hands-On Training" by Shane Rebenschied and Lynda Weinman, published by lynda.com/books. It has 12 chapters, each with example pictures (on CD) and step-by-step instructions. The CD also has 10 excellent movies (.mov) of additional PSE2 techniques. For the movies, I kept 2 windows open: one with the movie playing in QuickTime, the other with the corresponding picture opened in PSE2; as the movie played, I would pause it now and then and switch to PHE2 to perform the various techniques, and this was quite effective and lots of fun! Overall, a worthwhile starter book.
NG
neil_grundy
Aug 10, 2004
The Photoshop Elements book, for digital photographers. By Scott Kelby, is very good for a novice. With easy directions to all common tasks and loads of good tips..
DH
donguyen_ha
Aug 19, 2004
please help me want to get the free photoshop ebook,please let me known where i can get the book and what i should do to get the book
BG
Byron Gale
Aug 19, 2004
Hmmm… I haven’t heard of a free photoshop ebook. If you can point out where you learned of it, maybe we can figure it out.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 19, 2004
Try Bob’s site for books … there are books to suit all levels and also reviews on them.

<http://www.rewarren.com/challenge/books.htm>

My favourites for beginners are:

Photoshop Elements 2 Solutions .. Aaland

More advanced ones:

Hidden Powers of Photoshop Elements 2 … Richard Lynch
Photoshop Restoration & Retouching .. Eismann
How to Cheat in Photoshop … Steve Caplin

Wendy
MS
Mark_Sand
Aug 19, 2004
There are many internet sites dealing with Photoshop Elements. A very good and detailed one with lots of tutorials is Jay Arraich’s Photoshop Tips at <http://arraich.com/ps_intro.htm>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections