D
Posted By
DRinkle
Aug 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a 2200 epson my 7.0 photoshop is printing bad color, it has been printing good until yesterday. Can not get it to stay on document setting it wants to stay on proof setup mode. It prints fine on ACDC, and Jasc and any other program but photoshop. I have tried it on 3 different brands of prints so I know it’s not the 2200 epson, I feel like it’s in photoshop program. Does anybody have any answers?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

C
cliff
Aug 28, 2003
On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:28:48 -0700, DRinkle wrote:

I have a 2200 epson my 7.0 photoshop is printing bad color, it has been printing good until yesterday. Can not get it to stay on document setting it wants to stay on proof setup mode. It prints fine on ACDC, and Jasc and any other program but photoshop. I have tried it on 3 different brands of prints so I know it’s not the 2200 epson, I feel like it’s in photoshop program. Does anybody have any answers?

Thanks
I have the 2200 also , and i’m having the same problem they have some special softwear called epson stylusrip professional for the epson stylus 2200 the product is sold out at the time but will be in stock in most places in sep. i posted a link thats what i,m waiting for myself. I contacted tech support but got bad info so looks like we take are chances with the rip hope this info helps
C
cliff
Aug 28, 2003
On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:28:48 -0700, DRinkle wrote:

Thanks

A: Before installing StylusRIP Professional, it is necessary to install EPSON Standard Windows Driver. Please refer to your printer’s Users Guide. StylusRIP Professional uses the port assigned to the EPSON Standard Windows Driver. For example, if the destination port of the EPSON Standard Windows Driver is LPT1, StylusRIP Professional will also use LPT1 as its printer port.

Please follow these steps to install the PSserver for Windows:

1. Make sure Windows is running.
2. Insert the CD-ROM.
3. The Choose Setup Language dialog box appears automatically.

Note: If the dialog box does not appear, double-click Setup.exe in the Setup folder on the CD-ROM.

4. Select English and click OK.
5. Continue by following the instructions that appear on your screen.
6. When the Install Shield wizard appears, select the printer attached
and click the Next button.
7. Continue installation by following the instructions that appear on your screen.
8. When the installation of StylusRIP Professional is finished, the following dialog appears.

Click the Finish button.

9. The Add Printer wizard starts and the installation of PS Driver begins. Click the Next button and continue the installation. 10. Check Local printer in Local or Network Printer. Do not check Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer. Then, click the Next button.
11. Select a printer port. Check Use the following port, and select StylusRIP Professional from the port list then click the Next button.

12. Select a printer model. Click the Have Disk button and specify the location of the INF file. The Windows 2000/XP INF file is saved in the following location on the CD-ROM:

english\win2000-xp\ps_setup

When you finish selecting, click the OK button.

13. Model names of printers appear. Select the attached printer then click the Next button.

14. Continue the installation by following the instructions that appear on your screen.

15. If you are sharing the printer on a network, check Share as: and enter the network printer name. If you are not sharing the printer, check Do not share this printer. Then click the Next button.

16. If you are sharing the printer, enter Location and Comment. If you are not sharing the printer, this dialog box does not appear. When you finish entering, click the Next button.

17. In Print Test Page, select No, and then click the Next button.

18. When Completing, the Add Printer Wizard appears, click the Finish button.

Note: After the Finish button is clicked, the following dialog box appears in Windows 2000/XP. Click Yes.

19. The installation is now complete. Click the Finish button and restart your computer. You can use StylusRIP Professional after you restart your computer.

Q: How can I use the EPSON StylusRIP Professional as a print server on a network?

A: The most efficient way to use the EPSON StylusRIP Professional as a print server is shown in figure 1.

The RIP should be installed in a Server Host (S1) and a PS Printer driver and PPD should be installed in each Client Host (C1, C2). Server Host (S1) connected to the printer (P1) by USB or FireWire cable.

Note: In a general network environment, the printer is shared by multiple Macintosh computers over the network.
Epson recommends connecting the printer and print server, by USB or FireWire cable.
Epson does not recommend to output via AppleTalk connection using an optional multi-protocol Ethernet I/F card. Due to the amount of traffic generated you may encounter slow throughput.
If a router is used on the network and the job sent from the Client Host does not print to the printer, remove the router from the network and temporarily install an Ethernet Hub. This will avoid any firewall communication problems that may be caused by the router. Then reinstall the PS Printer driver and PPD to each Client Host. After setup is complete, you can return the router connection back to its network configuration.
In a home or small business network using multiple PC and Macintosh systems, you can also connect a USB + FireWire Hub device to use the Epson StylusRIP PRO as a print server on a network.

Q: How can I use the EPSON StylusRIP Professional as a print server on a network?

A: The most efficient way to use the EPSON StylusRIP Professional as a print server is shown in figure 1.

The RIP should be installed in a Server Host (S1) and a PS Printer driver and PPD should be installed in each Client Host (C1, C2). Server Host (S1) connected to the printer (P1) by USB or FireWire cable.

Note: In a general network environment, the printer is shared by multiple Macintosh computers over the network.

Epson recommends connecting the printer and print server, by USB or FireWire cable.

Epson does not recommend to output via AppleTalk connection using an optional multi-protocol Ethernet I/F card. Due to the amount of traffic generated you may encounter slow throughput.

If a router is used on the network and the job sent from the Client Host does not print to the printer, remove the router from the network and temporarily install an Ethernet Hub. This will avoid any firewall communication problems that may be caused by the router. Then reinstall the PS Printer driver and PPD to each Client Host. After setup is complete, you can return the router connection back to its network configuration.

In a home or small business network using multiple PC and Macintosh systems, you can also connect a USB + FireWire Hub device to use the Epson StylusRIP PRO as a print server on a network.

Q: How do I Share a Stylus Photo 2200 Printer in Windows 98SE or Me?

A: If you want to share a printer in Windows 98 Second Edition or Me, and print from a computer connected to a network, share the printer according to the following procedure:

1. Open the Control Panel and double-click Network.
2. Click the File and Print Sharing button.

3. Check I want to be able to give others access to my files if you want to share the folder. Check I want to be able to allow others to print to my printer[s] if you want to share the printer driver.

4. Click the OK button.
5. The network dialog box appears. Click the OK button.
6. If you are asked to insert the Windows CD into the CD-ROM drive,
insert the CD in the CD-ROM drive, and click the OK button.
7. Restart your computer.
8. Select the printer you want in the Printer window. Then right click and click Sharing in the menu that appears.
9. Click the Shared As radio button, and select options you want.

Q: Do I need to install the EPSON Standard Printer Driver and the StylusRIP Professional driver to my Client systems?

A: Yes, to print from computers connected to a network using StylusRIP Professional, it is necessary to install a printer driver on each computer.

Q: How do I set up a new printer for sharing in Windows 2000/XP?

A: Follow the steps below if the printer sharing was not selected during the initial StylusRIP PRO driver installation:

1. From the Printers folder, select the StylusRIP Professional printer driver that you would like to are.

2. Then right-click the printer and click Sharing in the menu that appears. The Printer Properties dialog box will appear.

3. On the Sharing tab, check Shared as: and enter the name of the printer you want to share.

4. To install a printer driver for a different version of Windows, click Additional Drivers.

5. On the displayed dialog box, check the box adjacent to the version of Windows you want to install, and click OK.

6. Continue the setup procedure by following the on-screen instructions. Select the location of the printer driver when prompted.

7. Complete the setup by following the on-screen instructions.

8. After the printer driver is successfully installed, click OK to close the Printer Properties dialog box.

Note: By clicking Additional Drivers and installing a printer driver for a different version of Windows, you can then use a client computer to select the shared StylusRIP printer as a network printer, and the printer driver will be installed automatically.

Q: How do I set up a new printer for sharing in Windows 98SE or ME?

A: Follow the steps below if the printer sharing was not selected during the initial StylusRIP PRO driver installation:

1. Insert the CD-ROM shipped with EPSON StylusRIP Professional into your CD-ROM drive.

2. Click Start, then Settings, and then Printers.

3. Double-click the Add Printer icon.

4. The Add Printer Wizard will be displayed. Follow the onscreen instructions to add the printer.

5. Select Network Printer once How is this printer attached to your computer? appears in order to proceed to the next step.

6. Enter the printer’s network path in the Network path or Queue name field. The network printer may also be selected by clicking Browse.

7. When the screen asking you to select the printer type is displayed, click Have Disk and specify the path to the INF file containing installation information. If your CD-ROM drive is D: the path will be D:\english\win9x\ps_setup (change the drive letter as needed for your system).

8. Select the correct model and install according to the on-screen instructions.

9. When the installation is done, click Finish.

10. The driver file will be copied to complete the installation.

Q: How do I set up a new printer for sharing in Windows 2000 or XP?

1. Insert the CD-ROM shipped with EPSON StylusRIP Professional into your CD-ROM drive.

2. Click Start, then Settings, and then Printers.

3. Double-click the Add Printer icon.

4. The Add Printer Wizard will be displayed. Follow the onscreen instructions to add the printer.

5. Select Network Printer once How is this printer attached to your computer appears in order to proceed to the next step.

6. Either enter the printer’s network path or click Next to select the network printer.

7. Click OK once the following message has appeared. The server on which the SP2200 printer resides does not have the correct printer driver installed.

8. When the screen asking you to select the printer type is displayed, click Have Disk and specify the path to the INF file containing installation information. If your CD-ROM drive is D:, the path will be D:\english\win2000-xp\ps_setup (change the drive letter as needed for your system).

9. Select the correct model and install according to the on-screen instructions.

10. When the installation is complete, click Finish.

11. The driver file will be copied to complete the installation.

Q: How do I uninstall the StylusRIP Professional from my Computer?

A: The StylusRIP Professional installer has installed the following programs:

EPSON StylusRIP Professional
EPSON StylusRIP Professional Monitor
Printer driver

These programs must be uninstalled separately. To uninstall the StylusRIP Professional programs, follow the procedure below:

Uninstalling StylusRIP Professional / StylusRIP Professional Monitor

1. Click Start, then Settings, and then Control Panel.

2. Double-click theAdd/Remove Program icon.

3. Select the program you want to uninstall. Select EPSON StylusRIP Professional in this case.

4. If you are using Windows 98 Second Edition or Me, click the Add/Remove button. If you are using Windows 2000 or XP, click the Change/Remove button.

5. When the uninstalling of EPSON StylusRIP Professional is complete, a message appears. Click the Finish button.

6. A message confirming the uninstallation EPSON StylusRIP Professional Monitor appears. Click the OK button.

7. Select EPSON StylusRIP Professional Monitor in the Add/Remove Program dialog box again.

8. If you are using Windows 98 Second Edition or Me, click the Add/Remove button. If you are using Windows 2000 or XP, click the Change/Remove button.

9. When the uninstallation of EPSON StylusRIP Professional Monitor is complete, a message appears. Click the Finish button.

Uninstalling the Printer Driver

After uninstalling both EPSON StylusRIP Professional and EPSON StylusRIP Professional Monitor, uninstall the printer driver.

Windows 98SE /Me

1. Click Start, then Settings, and then Printers.

2. Right-click the icon representing the installed printer, and then select Delete.

Windows 2000 / XP
1. Click Start, then Settings, and finally Printers.

2. Right-click the icon representing the installed printer, and then select Delete. The icon will be deleted from the Printer window.

3. To delete a driver file, right-click in the Printer window with the icon unselected, and then select Server Properties from the menu that appears.

4. Click the Drivers tab in the Print Server Properties dialog box.

5. Select the printer you just deleted from the Installed printer driver list, and then click the Remove button.

Q: When I swap the black inks in my Stylus Photo 2200 from Photo Black to Matte Black (or vise versa), how can I confirm the printer detected the correct ink change?

A: After swapping your ink cartridge, follow the steps below to confirm the change.

1. From the Start Menu, select Settings > Printers

2. Right-click on the EPSON StylusRIP 2200 and select Properties

3. Select the Device Settings tab from the displayed dialog box as shown below.

Windows

4. Select the black ink for the optional Black Ink Combination setting

5. Click the appropriate button and then click OK to close the dialog box.

Macintosh

1. With a PSserver operating, open the Chooser, select the AdobePS driver, and select the PSserver__Stylus Photo 2200

2. Click Setup and then click Auto Setup in the displayed dialog box.

3. The ink set for the printer is registered automatically.

Q: I’m getting a Memory or VM error message. What can I do to fix this?

A: Try the following solutions:

1. Turn on Virtual memory. Select Control Panels from the Apple menu, then select Memory Control Panel. Click the On button in the Virtual Memory Panel.

2. To allocate more memory to the StylusRIP Server, close the StylusRIP server, then select the StylusRIP icon on the desktop. Select Get Info from the File menu. Increase the Preferred memory size of the StylusRIP Server to at least 20,000K.

3. If the first two solutions don’t work, you may need to install additional memory on the Macintosh.

Q: What type of connectivity does the StylusRIP Professional support to the printer?

A: The StylusRIP Professional supports the following printer interface connections:

Macintosh: USB and FireWire
Windows: Parallel, USB and FireWire

Q: I switched ports and now I can’t print anything to the StylusRIP Server. What can I do to reestablish a connection?

A: The Epson StylusRIP will look for the printer on the previously used port. If you switched ports or type of connection to the printer, open the StylusRIP Server, select Printer Connection in the Edit menu, select OK and then restart StylusRIP. When the StylusRIP is launched, the connection window will appear at which time the port can be selected.

Q: I keep getting a Find Font error. Is the Epson StylusRIP compatible with font management utilities?

A: Epson StylusRIP is compatible with the most common font management utilities. However, users should upgrade their font management utilities to the latest version and check with their software vendor for compatibility issues.

Find Font errors can be caused by corrupted fonts, duplicate fonts, duplicate font sets open at the same time, etc. Check the System Font Folder to be sure that both the screen and printer font are present and available, reinstall the font, bypass your font management utility to eliminate the possibility of an incompatibility. Finally, if the error continues, convert text to outlines as a temporary solution.

Q: Is the StylusRIP capable of printing directly from the PS Server?

A: Yes, the StylusRIP can print directly from a PS (.ps) or PDF (.pdf) file you select. Since you will directly select a file, it is not necessary to open any application. You can achieve this by doing the following:

1. Locate and open the StylusRIP Server
2. In the StylusRIP Server select Open from the File menu, when the browser appears select a file you want to print, click OK and the selected file is printed.

Q: My Quark document takes over an hour to print. Why is Epson StylusRIP taking so long to rip my document?

A: Your document probably contains a placed image that was scaled, rotated or modified in your page layout application. All image modifications should be done prior to placing the image. When placed images are modified in a page layout application, the image is processed twice, once to rasterize and once to calculate the new location for each dot.

Q: Which media type setting should I select for my paper type in the StylusRIP driver?

A: Media type setting in the StylusRIP driver Supports the following Paper Type
Plain Paper Plain Paper
Enhanced Matte Paper Epson Enhanced Matte Paper
Watercolor Paper-Radiant White Epson Water Color Fine Art Paper Premium Semigloss Photo Paper
Epson Premium Luster Photo Paper
Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper
Epson Proofing Paper Semimatte Not supported on the Stylus Photo 2200

Q: I am unable to select StylusRIP Server in the Chooser. I keep selecting the PS Printer driver but StylusRIP Server does not appear in the printer window.

A: To select StylusRIP Server, StylusRIP must be running. Quit the Chooser, launch the StylusRIP Server application, then reopen the Chooser and select AdobePS. StylusRIP Server will now be selectable in the printer window.

Q: I am unable to print to the StylusRIP Server. Why can’t I print to StylusRIP?

A: StylusRIP is not finding the printer. Check to be sure that the printer is on and ready. Check the cable; it must be secure and making good contact on both ends. Turn the printer off for approximately 15 seconds to reset the printer, then power on the printer to resend the job.

Q: Does the StylusRIP Professional have a share folder function?

A: Yes. This function supports Windows only. The Share Folder Setting dialog box is displayed by selecting Share Folder Setting from the Edit menu. Specify the location of the share folder and the monitoring interval in the Share Folder Setting dialog box, as shown below.

Printing Tip: To print this page in full, please use the Landscape mode in your printer settings

Other Epson Sites Terms of Use Privacy Policy Corporate Info Jobs Contact Us Epson WorldWide

Copyright© 2000 – 2003 Epson America, Inc.
BG
barry gray
Aug 28, 2003

1. Bad monitor profile > run A. gamma
2. Double check all PS color settings
3. trash PS prefs.
Not sure what you mean by "stay on proof setup mode." please elaborate.
DP
Dennis Palin
Aug 29, 2003
IS PS OR EPSON CONTROLING YOUR COLOR PROFILES. I MAY BE WRONG BUT I HAVE THE PS COLOR SETTINGS TURNED OFF SO THEY DO NOT CONFLICT WITH THE EPSON PROFILES. AS I SAID I AM GREEN SO COULD BE WRONG, BUT ITS WORTH A TRY

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections