AI
Posted By
alan_ingham
May 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have posted this on another forum but thought I would post it again here in the hope that someone could kindly offer advice. It is related to CS3 and Lightroom although the problem lies elsewhere.

Would appreciate help from users of Windows XP Pro plus Office Small Business Editon.

Problem: When saving images in TIFF format following editing using a combination of Adobe CS2/3/Lightroom these TIFFs get changed into Microsoft Office Document Imaging format which then cannot be reimported into Lightroom (not recognised). Basically my workflow has been: Click on Export and apply a Post Proceesing action – sharpening droplet. This then takes the image into CS3 automatically, applies the sharpening and closes. When I look at the file to which the now TIFF image is saved the file association has tagged on MS Document Imaging which cannot then be Imported back into LR.

Opening up Microsoft Office Document Imaging and then going to Tools > Options > Other there is a radio button ‘Reset’ giving the option of Opening all TIFF files with Microsoft Office Document Imaging BUT there seems no option for turning the b….y thing off. This is a darn pain in the buttocks – has anyone experienced this and know of a way to stop my TIFFs being automatically changed into this useless Office Document Imaging format.

It seems to do this automatically e.g. I connected an External Hard Drive to my Laptop a while ago that contains approx 500+ TIFF images. I then tried to Import them into Lightroom and got the message ‘format not recognised’. Looking at the File on the EHD where these TIFFs were stored I discovered to my horror that the file associations were now Microsoft Office Document Imaging and that was even without me having opened a file. Worse – there appears no way to change them back to normal TIFF format without going back into CS2/3 and resaving them all again.

An email will shortly be winging it’s way to Microsoft expressing my disaproval that this does not appear to be a user option but is set automatically with no obvious way to stop it from happening. Any help much appreciated and goes without saying.

Edit: Through the Add/Remove Panel I found a way of remove this Document Imaging from my system but now MS Paper Imaging seems to have automatically taken over and when I double-click on the image (in the file in which it is saved) it automatically opens up in Windows Fax and Pictue viewer. I hate Microsoft

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections