OU
Posted By
Olaf_Ulrich
May 13, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am on a PC with Windows XP SP2, Athlon 2400+ CPU, 1 GB RAM, and plenty of free space on the hard disks. When I try to install Photoshop CS3 trial version, the install procedure will start expanding files and then stop with an error message complaining about not being able to write all the files due to being out of space on the hard disk or not having the rights to write to the destination folder. Of course, there’s plenty of room left on the hard disk and there are no rights restrictions.

When that happens, the installer already has written 247 files in 38 folders (all in one folder "Adobe CS3" in the destination folder, totalling 91.5 MB), plus an empty readme file. Obviously that’s only part of what should get expanded—after all, the installer’s .EXE file has over 470 MB. When clicking OK in the error message box, both the message box and the installer window disappear.

Before I started to try to install Photoshop CS3 trial version, I used to have Photoshop CS3 Beta on my machine (which installed and ran flawlessly, until expiration). I removed it and also went through the procedure of manually removing all the remnants of CS3 Beta on the hard disk and in the Registry. However I did not de-activate CS3 Beta before removal because I couldn’t—it had expired and wouldn’t launch for a de-activation. So I removed it without de-activating it.

I still have Photoshop CS2 and Bridge 1.0.4 on my machine.

Does someone have an idea how to make the CS3 installation routine work? Removing CS2 and/or re-formatting all the hard disks is not an option. I do have administrator rights on my machine.

— Olaf

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
May 13, 2007
try copying the photoshop folder from the install disk to you hard drive (desktop is fine) and running the setup from there.
OU
Olaf_Ulrich
May 14, 2007
There is no Photoshop folder to copy. Just the downloaded .EXE file that is supposed to install Photoshop CS3 Extended Trial—but doesn’t.

— Olaf
KS
Kevin_Shake
May 14, 2007
im having the same problem tried this on both my xp and vista laptops…storage and permissions are not the problem even downloaded the install again…and i get the same thing with both photoshop and illustrator
OU
Olaf_Ulrich
May 14, 2007
I gave up trying to install Photoshop CS3 Extended Trial. I suspect the installer .exe file became corrupted during the download process. However Kevin’s experience suggests that the problem is running deeper. Now I am wondering if anybody has been able to install Photoshop CS3 Extended Trial for Windows from the try-out download provided by Adobe.

— Olaf
KS
Kevin_Shake
May 15, 2007
olaf…i opened a case number about this 200268931 hopefully they will get back to me soon…i will keep you posted
G
grdh20
May 15, 2007
Same here. It just starts uncompressing the files and whe it gets to the setup screen, it just closes and thats’ it.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections