Posted By
LiuFang
Jan 23, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I used Adobe Photoshop as a trial version. No just yesterday when I clicked on it, it said

"Photoshop License Expired".

So I uninstalled it & deleted all it’s files.I then bought it from a friend of mine, added the disk. When I clicked the setup application, I entered my password then it said:

Setup has encountered an error and cannot continue. Contact Adobe Customer Support for assistance.

So then I ran the CS4 Clean Script & this what came out::

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Volumes/Run CS4 Cleaner/Run CS4 Cleaner.app/Contents/Resources/cleaner/CS4InstallerDatabaseU tility.py ", line 682, in <module>
removalofCapsBackupEntries(capsath_mac)
File "/Volumes/Run CS4 Cleaner/Run CS4 Cleaner.app/Contents/Resources/cleaner/CS4InstallerDatabaseU tility.py ", line 263, in removalofCapsBackupEntries
cursor.execute("select collectionPayloadID from ribs_collection") sqlite3.DatabaseError: file is encrypted or is not a database

Please help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 23, 2009
Sounds like you’ve got a disk corruption problem that just happens to affect the licensing files for your trial.
L
LiuFang
Jan 23, 2009
How can I cure that? I bought a CD about 2 hours ago.
NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 23, 2009
If the problem cannot be fixed by running routine maintenance (Disk Utility to repair permissions and disc, and DiskWarrior to repair directories, et al), you may have to do a system archive and install before you can successfully install software.

Neil
NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 23, 2009
If the problem cannot be fixed by running routine maintenance (Disk Utility to repair permissions and disc, and DiskWarrior to repair directories, et al), you may have to do a system archive and install before you can successfully install software.

This assumes that you don’t have bigger problems, such as a failing hard drive.

Neil
R
Ram
Jan 23, 2009
LiuFang,

I bought a CD about 2 hours ago

Can you elaborate on that? I don’t understand how this fits into your issue. :/
NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 24, 2009
Ramón,

I suspect it may have to do with replacing the expired trial with the commercial product. The OP is not clear here.

Rereading the post, the OP also says, "I then bought it from a friend of mine, added the disk" and I’m lost, too, as I don’t see the association with the CD bought two hours ago.

Neil
R
Ram
Jan 24, 2009
It’s a puzzlement. :/

CS4 comes on a DVD-ROM, not a CD.
L
LiuFang
Jan 26, 2009
By a CD I meant like a general disk, a DVD-ROM, etc etc. I bought a copy from my friend to see if it works because I have been using the trial from the download section. When it didn’t work I had to go & buy a new "DVD-ROM" & try again, though, it’s not working. I verified the disk with the disk utility & repaired it too, nothing changed. =/
NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 26, 2009
I bought a copy from my friend to see if it works

???
NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 26, 2009

??? Your friend is an authorized dealer? Did he transfer his license to you?

Neil
C
Cindy
Jan 26, 2009

The plot thickens….

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections