GB
Posted By
Gib_Bathrick
May 11, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do I propagate my newly installed CS3 filter/plugins list with the ones currently installed under CS2?

Lots of software packages automatically re-link (preferences, associated files, etc.) from the an old version to an upgrade. I haven’t found any info at Adobe.com nor in the help files.

I’ve got over a dozen commercial packages (yes, legal) and another dozen or so freeware nuggets. An additional issue is that several of the packages have user-defined settings which obviously wouldn’t reinstall if I have to go that route.

I know that simply dragging folders and files won’t work for a good number of the packages. I can do it if I have to but it’ll take a full day plus I’ll be futsing for weeks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
May 11, 2007
A good strategy is to install / place the plug-ins in a separate directory á la c:/PSPLUGINS and direct Photoshop there via Photoshop preferences (alternative plug-in directory).

That way, you wont have to copy over or re-install your plug-ins for each Photoshop upgrade / installation.

Most plug-ins can be dragged over, though.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections