Posted By
louise
May 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I shot a wedding dinner in a very poorly lit space and
didn’t have a separate flash – used the one on my D40x.

Several really nice shots have a dark shadow around one side of the face and I would like to get rid of it.

The only thing I’ve found so far, with my limited knowledge, is to clone the background wall over the shadow as best I can.

Then, use the color of the background wall and the fill (paint can) and thereby repaint the background wall and cover the shadow. Since this is never perfect, I then end up using the blur tool around the edge of the face and the wall.

There must be a better way ?? 🙂

Thanks.

Louise

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

D
DDDDaisy
May 11, 2007
On May 10, 8:45 pm, louise wrote:

Several really nice shots have a dark shadow around one side of the face and I would like to get rid of it.
Hi Louise

You could try using the magic wand to select the area of shadow, feather the edges by 1 or 2 pixels so you don’t end up with a sharp line, and then use the hue/saturation option to lighten the whole area.

Otherwise the idea you had of cloning the wall is not a bad one – if you select the area outside of the head first, so you dont accidentally clone onto the face – again feather the edge of the selection so you dont have too sharp a line.

Hope that helps

Daisy

The only thing I’ve found so far, with my limited knowledge, is to clone the background wall over the shadow as best I can.
Then, use the color of the background wall and the fill
(paint can) and thereby repaint the background wall and
cover the shadow. Since this is never perfect, I then end up using the blur tool around the edge of the face and the wall.

Thanks.

Louise
L
louise
May 12, 2007
wrote:
On May 10, 8:45 pm, louise wrote:

Hi Louise

You could try using the magic wand to select the area of shadow, feather the edges by 1 or 2 pixels so you don’t end up with a sharp line, and then use the hue/saturation option to lighten the whole area.

Otherwise the idea you had of cloning the wall is not a bad one – if you select the area outside of the head first, so you dont accidentally clone onto the face – again feather the edge of the selection so you dont have too sharp a line.

Hope that helps

Daisy

Then, use the color of the background wall and the fill
(paint can) and thereby repaint the background wall and
cover the shadow. Since this is never perfect, I then end up using the blur tool around the edge of the face and the wall.

Thanks.

Louise
Thanks I’ll try that using the magic wand and a little
feathering – hopefully that will make it look more natural.

Louise

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections