Photoshop CS3 crashes every time I try "safe as" command!

T
Posted By
Thalley
Jan 18, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi
My Photoshop CS3 crashes every time I try "safe as" command, I am on OsX 10.5.6. I tried to reinstall the problem is still there, permissions are fixed, I have no idea what happened. It worked for years without problems and now all of the sudden that. The only change I did on the machine is to install PGP.
Any ideas??

Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 18, 2009
Thalley,

PGP, as in hard disk encryption for a laptop? Maybe that’s the incompatibility. What if you disable it?

Also, please report back with free hard disk space, computer, RAM, scratch disk space, etc….

Neil
NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 18, 2009
Also note that there are some "minor" incompatibility issues of CS3 and Leopard.

Neil
T
Thalley
Jan 18, 2009
Hi, thanks for answering.
It is not a notebook, but a MacPro 32GB RAM ( I think it should be enough) over 700GB for scratch and 160GB HD. I don’t think that it is PGP, because the same configuration runs on my 2.6 Macbook Pro perfectly. By the way on the MacPro not problems with CS2.
THX
NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 18, 2009
Again, what happens if you disable PGP on the MacPro?

Note that CS2 and Leopard do not mix well — were you actually running CS2 under Leopard and PGP on this computer?

Neil
NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 18, 2009
It is not a notebook, but a MacPro 32GB RAM ( I think it should be enough) over 700GB for scratch and 160GB HD. I don’t think that it is PGP, because the same configuration runs on my 2.6 Macbook Pro perfectly.

Understand that the two machines are not running exactly the same configuration — unless you’ve got 32GB RAM stuffed inside and have matching drives, applications, third-party software/utilities/plugins, OS, and application preference settings on both.

Neil
T
Thalley
Jan 18, 2009
Yes, I do run preferences and unix maintenance after updates.By the way I am running Tiger not Leopard. And as I said CS2 works perfectly.
T
Thalley
Jan 18, 2009
Now it is even funnier! I did some testing and tried to update, the installer quits as well and after patching Photoshop to 10.0.1 it crashes even when I try to open a file,
any ideas?
NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 19, 2009
Thalley,

The only change I did on the machine is to install PGP.

You still don’t say what happens if you deactivate your encryption software.

Also, have you trashed Photoshop preferences? Or tried logging in as a new user?

Neil
T
Thalley
Jan 19, 2009
When I deactivated PGP there was the same result. Anyway I have to work with that and have not got the time to do much "testing" so I bought CS4 and everything seems to work fine with it.

Anyway thousend Thanks for your help.
NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 19, 2009
Glad it works.

Neil

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections