DK
Posted By
David_Kachel
Jan 17, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I thought I had this problem solved but no…

I work exclusively in B&W photographs and tone them brown. Toning is the last step before printing so that image manipulation does not alter the color.

I use a solid color fill layer with the mode set to color.

I don’t see a way to post images here but I can tell you I have a sample image each side of which is from a different photograph toned in exactly the same way, yet they are very different brown tones.

There must be some way to color a B&W photograph and get exactly the same color from the same printer every time.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as this problem is wasting a great deal of time ink and paper.

TIA

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DR
Donald_Reese
Jan 17, 2009
You can post here using.

<http://www.pixentral.com/>
PT
Phil_Taz
Jan 18, 2009
That method is still dependent on the original colour so will change each time, try using a ‘hue/saturation’ layer and click on ‘colorize’. If you need to use a spot colour, make a greyscale and apply the spot colour in InDesign.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections