SC
Posted By
Simon_Cotter
May 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there, I’m thinking of purchasing CS3 and wanted to know if it will also run on my wife’s PC which uses an Intel Celeron D processor (I realize its’ not going to break any speed records!).

Thanks for your help.

Simon

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

E
Espart
May 9, 2007
Hi Simon,

CS3 works great on my Intel Celeron CPU 1.99GHz with 1024MB RAM and 64MB Graphics.

I know it’s time to buy a new PC 😉

Espart
SC
Simon_Cotter
May 9, 2007
That’s good to hear Espart, my wife will be very happy!

Simon
GS
Gabriel_Simmons
May 9, 2007
I contacted Adobe Tech support via phone, but no one really answered my questions. Can anyone confirm that Adobe CS3 suite is supported on a Celeron processor?
RK
Rob_Keijzer
May 9, 2007
Read reply #3. He’s got it working, although a Celeron is not on the System Requirements list I believe.

If it’s not supported (as seems to be the case) it may run (post #3), but it won’t be guaranteed.

If it is supported I stand corrected.

Rob
E
Espart
May 9, 2007
Gabriel, yes it runs nicely on my PC with an Intel Celeron Processor. The Only warning message i have seen so far is when i open a 3D file larger than 1024×1024. Photoshop warnes me that "Your video card does not meet the requirements for hardware accelerated 3D Rendering. All 3D will be rendered with software only" .

Espart

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections