Posted By
mikeengles
May 8, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello

Does anyone know what the Adobe UK post announce grace period is? I can buy CS2 from Eurodigital plus for a good price.
I have to assume it is an authorised reseller.
I have tried AdobeUK, but I cannot get a straight answer from them if I would be eligible. It seems to be a case of buying it and then hoping that they will honour me with an upgrade.

Mike Engles

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
May 8, 2007
i’m afraid you’ll have to get a straight answer from someone in cs mike. no one here would be able to help you. all i can say is whenever dealing with customer service (any company’s cs) if you don’t get the answer you like, either escalate to a manager or call back and get another rep.
M
mikeengles
May 8, 2007
Hello

The problem is I get different answers, but none that give me any confidence. I could go ahead and buy CS2 and hope for the best that I am eligible for the upgrade. If not then it’s £120 lost.

Mike
DM
dave_milbut
May 9, 2007
unless you’re currently on version 6, why would you bother to get cs2 anyway?
C
chrisjbirchall
May 9, 2007
Even if you have to pay the £160 to upgrade from CS2 to CS3, at £280 the cost of the two upgrades is far less than the full version price.

Adobe’s new "three versions back" policy means this could be your last chance to upgrade PS6 or earlier.
DM
dave_milbut
May 9, 2007
Adobe’s new "three versions back" policy means this could be your last chance to upgrade PS6 or earlier.

agreed.
M
mikeengles
May 9, 2007
Hello

The upgrade from CS to CS2 from Eurodigital is about £120. If I can get a free upgrade to CS3, why not? Saves £40, which is always handy.
I really want ACR 4.0. It is either Photoshop CS3 or Lightroom. I am using the tryouts. The faders in Lightroom which is very like Rawshooter(no surprise) are very responsive, but in ACR 4.0 using Bridge or CS3 a lot of the controls(in particular Fill light) are very ‘notchy’.

Mike Engles
DM
dave_milbut
May 9, 2007
If I can get a free upgrade to CS3, why not? Saves £40, which is always handy.

good point. well you have a 30 day return policy when you buy photoshop don’t you? get cs2 and if they refuse to upgrade it, return it and get cs3. no?
M
mikeengles
May 9, 2007
Hello

That’s a good idea, but who do I return it to, Adobe UK or the retailer? There has to be a catch!

Actually the more I think about the notchiness of the controls in ACR4.0 with CS3, makes me veer towards Lightroom.
Lightroom like Rawshooter lets you make the adjustment and then redraws, but CS3 tries to redraw as you adjust, which makes it seem notchy and hesitant. I’m not sure I like CS3 tryout any more than I liked CS2 tryout. Perhaps it will be Lightroom and stay with CS.
I do have to say that CS3 is generally very responsive even on my 4 year old PC with 1Gb ram. It loads all my plugins in 5-7 secs compared to nearly 30 in CS.

Anyway thanks for the suggestion.

Mike Engles

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections