CW
Posted By
Colin_Woodbridge
Jul 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Do you know that if you open a new image in Elements then the default size is the size of the image in the clipboard? Even if the clipboard has been filled by another Windows program.

Just what you can do with this peace of information has yet to be decided.

Colin

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Jul 28, 2004
Yes, I do know that, and I consider it to be one of the less charming features of Elements. 🙂 I seem to think Brent might have given a workaround for this, but if he did, I don’t remember what it is.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jul 28, 2004
Beth why least charming?

If you have an image with a layer and you do a copy of that layer you now have two options. A New From Clipboard will give you single layer with no background. Opening New and pasting <ctrl> + P will give background layer the exact size of the copy and a new layer.

Grant
PA
Patti Anderson
Jul 28, 2004
I’m thinking it’s a innate feature from the full version. Not sure about PS 7, but in PS CS there is no New from Clipboard in the File menu. So…for that reason this little feature of remembering the size of the clipboard content comes in VERY handy.

Another reason I like it (in PSE) is sometimes I want to start a new file with just one layer’s content. It’s nice when I can Select All, Copy and use New from Clipboard and have it be an exact fit.

Patti
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 29, 2004
If it helps, choose File/New, then hold down Alt key before letting go of button. Will make file same size as last one you made, bypassing clipboard. Option key in MacOS of course.

Mac

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections