K
Posted By
knoxbury
May 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to access the adobe forums using a newsreader (Windows Mail in Vista), but when I try to login, it keeps prompting me for my credentials even though I can login fine on the adobeforums.com site. Is there something specific I need to do differently when using a newsreader?

Brandon

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
May 7, 2007
you need to log in with knoxbury as the id and the same password you log in with in this web version of the forum.
DM
dave_milbut
May 7, 2007
BL
Bob Levine
May 7, 2007
I’m not familiar with Windows Mail, yet, but I would imagine there’s a place to put a user name and password and a check box to remember it.

And please…if posting with a newsreader TURN OFF THE AUTOQUOTE feature.

Bob
K
knoxbury
May 7, 2007
Thanks for the suggestions . . . I tried all that, but it still rejects my login. Maybe it’s a problem with Windows Mail on Vista because it used to work in Outlook Express on XP.
DM
dave_milbut
May 7, 2007
try thunderbird!

(vista supported)

<http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/>
K
knoxbury
May 7, 2007
What is the FULL newsgroup address for adobeforums? I’ve tried news.adobe.com, forums.adobe.com, forums.adobeforums.com, news.adobeforums.com . . .

All the adobe site says is adobeforums.com
BL
Bob Levine
May 7, 2007
And that’s what it is. Why are you trying to use something else?

Bob
RM
Rick Moore
May 7, 2007
It works fine on my laptop using Windows Mail

Rick Moore, AIA
www.bgkarchitects.com
PN
patrick_nolte
May 7, 2007
I use www.adobeforums.com as the server name in windows live mail and it works for me.

pnolte

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections